Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows7 install problem

Tuner in Training
    I've even downloaded the msi fix. Device manager recognizes the channel A/B device, drivers current, but still won't except the VCM program. Still get the .NET framework error when I load the disc in. It workes great in my 32bit Vista, but still not working in my 64bit Win7. I've tried both the signed link and tried the trick to not force the computer to require signature. I still get the .NET error. Any suggestions?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ms38w View Post
    I've even downloaded the msi fix. Device manager recognizes the channel A/B device, drivers current, but still won't except the VCM program. Still get the .NET framework error when I load the disc in. It workes great in my 32bit Vista, but still not working in my 64bit Win7. I've tried both the signed link and tried the trick to not force the computer to require signature. I still get the .NET error. Any suggestions?
    Install the software we posted here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30495
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yeah. I've been following this thread back to the first page trying to get the 7/64 to work. I'll try runing that file again when I get home tonight. Hopefully it is just part of one of the numerous glitches this new computer has given me.

ms38w My new computer done the same thing. I had to go to device manager, insert my install disc in the drive, click on hp tuner Chanel A and install or find device. I think it was. Same with channel b. With the hp tuner plugged into my laptop.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jseely View Post
    ms38w My new computer done the same thing. I had to go to device manager, insert my install disc in the drive, click on hp tuner Chanel A and install or find device. I think it was. Same with channel b. With the hp tuner plugged into my laptop.
    He's having an issue with the software installer in this case, not the drivers, two completely different things.

Tuner in Training
    That's right, although I do apprecite the input.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah you should be able to use that "noLC" file and you should be fine.

Tuner in Training
    Bill, it appears as though..."YOU ROCK!!!!!" I haven't plugged into my OBD2 yet, but everything seems to be running on the new PC. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    One more question, everything seems to work but when I try to open my tune file I get an error..."unable to open file. Index was outside the bounds of the array." What does this mean? Is it because the file was saved on my Vista 32bit and emailed to my Win7 64bit?

I had to hook up to a vehicle and go to licence info. Then it would start reading my saved tunes, also had to install latest beta.
    Last edited by jseely; 07-25-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I'll have to hook it up soon...loading more programs in still. Also, I don't know where I got that this new computer was 64 bit...maybe I just assumed that Windows 7 was automatically 64 bit...but it is actually 32 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ms38w View Post
    I'll have to hook it up soon...loading more programs in still. Also, I don't know where I got that this new computer was 64 bit...maybe I just assumed that Windows 7 was automatically 64 bit...but it is actually 32 bit.
    If you download and you still have trouble because it won't allow you to save the file you can run tell Windows 7 to run the program on XP compatibility mode. I run both scanner and editor thatway and it works fine. There are little things with compatibility mode like I have to tell it to connect for the scanner to find the connection after flashing which i did not have to with my XP laptop but everything works.
    Hope this helps.

Carlos
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't run in compatibility mode, just straight up win 7. Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I don't run in compatibility mode, just straight up win 7. Works fine for me.
    Would be nice and I have not tried it again since installing it but back then after we installed it it would not allow me to save a file read, when I switched to XP mode the issue went away inmediately and it recognized all my credits.

Carlos
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06

editor

Under radio button when editing the installer. What value is used under agree to license to top the popup every time I launch HPTuners?

Quote Originally Posted by samsterid View Post
    This fix works wihout unistalling the .NET 4 Framework Client Profile from Windows - which you might need for other programs.

Steps for Easy MSI Editor fix (Try this if you get stalled in Windows 7 at the ".NET Framework 2.0 not installed" error )
    If you're working from a CD, create a New Folder on your desktop and give it a name - like "VCM Suite Install", then copy all files from the CD to the new folder.

Download and install the Easy MSI Editor - I got a copy here:
    http://www.brothersoft.com/easy-msi-...oad-70589.html

When you run Easy MSI Editor, go to File/Open and Navigate to the VCM install files in your new folder and choose "setup.msi"
    Scroll down to the LaunchCondition table, right-click and Delete it. then save the file.
    Then just run setup.exe from the VCM install folder.

Good luck - might work for Vista too . . .
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

Quote Originally Posted by jseely View Post
    My new Lenovo (desktop) 64 bit Win 7 will not load the drivers... I followed the above tip and selected the CD location, but Windows would not allow installation because there was no security certificate (or recognized). What do I have to do to get the drivers installed?
    Thanks for any help.

PS: I have HPTuners installed on my older laptop for tuning and scanning, and it's working OK. I'm trying to load it on my office computer to use when not "working".
    Last edited by 1Topgun; 08-11-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    2000 Suburban LT 1500, 5.3/4L60E
    2011 Suburban LTZ 1500, 5.3/6L80E

Yeah windows 7/64 is a pita for sure. I have had more problems trying to get this to load on here than i did with XP and Vista combined.
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesnmina2001 View Post
    Would be nice and I have not tried it again since installing it but back then after we installed it it would not allow me to save a file read, when I switched to XP mode the issue went away inmediately and it recognized all my credits.

Carlos
    my same exact situation i had.. put in compatibility mode (S pack 2) worked perfectly

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Topgun View Post
    My new Lenovo (desktop) 64 bit Win 7 will not load the drivers... I followed the above tip and selected the CD location, but Windows would not allow installation because there was no security certificate (or recognized). What do I have to do to get the drivers installed?
    Thanks for any help.

PS: I have HPTuners installed on my older laptop for tuning and scanning, and it's working OK. I'm trying to load it on my office computer to use when not "working".
    Thats the way I did it. After it was installed I downloaded the latest version and updated it .

Tuner in Training
    I installed windows 7 Pro as a new installation on my mainframe and set it up so I dont need any of the bull crap passwords. Works great. When I log or read I Attach the file to an Email and send it to myself. That way I can sit there and work on my 32 inch monitor.