Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Alright here's another modded excel file, at 1920x1200 no scrolling is needed... wish i had a laptop with that resolution.

Also included the histograms for the ltft+stft vs maf correction/freq, don't forget to add a ltft+stft pid to make it work. This was done in the 2.23.3490.28989 beta, not sure if these will work in the newer/older betas.
    Last edited by shabby; 03-22-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    its funny, right as you posted that I was getting ready to reply with, "why can't you just export the hisogramss themselves?" lol.

Thanks Shabby.

Advanced Tuner
    I retract my previous statement Shabby and have edited my post. Thanks for the contributions!
    Last edited by T-Man; 03-23-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't worry i deserved that for my last outburst, pity i can retract that anymore.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thanks so much BYT and shabby for posting those histos that saved me at least 10 minutes at least of going back and forth and copying the numbers in lol.
    08 Cobalt SS - K&N drop in, Muffler Delete, ZZP 3" catless Downpipe, HPTuned

Advanced Tuner
    Still gotta try this... I am sure it will work great though. Gonna try pasting it in %-half this time, and see if I can't get it to go the right direction. Wonder if maybe I have a negative flipped in my PIDs or something. Everytime I try to adjust it, doing exactly as this explains, my trims just get more messed up

For example, right now, my LFTF is .8 to 1.6 collectively. Now, in my histogram, it shows up quite tuned where I drive the most, but alot of cells that still get a good amount of hits are like -4 in lower fields all the way to +8 in my higher fields. I am considering 40 hits to be a decent amount of hits in the higher load, higher rpm cells. This is causing knock at high loads, which I imagine is not good, as well as its very frustrating.

Here is a screenshot of my LTFT+STFT vs Airload table:

As you can see, the midrange, where I normally cruise is pretty well adjusted, but then, when I look at my LTFT or STFT alone, it looks all out of whack again. All of my logs are similar when it comes to this. All of my logs are about 18-20 minutes of driving, since thats a trip to town for me. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by mkriebs; 03-24-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Oops, hit submit to soon...

Dont do both tables at once is the main thing. Load the stock tables, drive the car awhile, then log it. Then use just the Freq histo's for a time or 2. Then I just adjust teh cells on the Corr table that are way off, using paste by 1/2. Usually is BALLS ON after that

Advanced Tuner
    So, I should just start over with the stock tables is what you are saying? I have only been working on the airload (corr) tables right now. I figure the freq will get all whacked out with the Corr tables getting changed.

Should I maybe go through and just get the cells with alot of hits, and that are way off? It just seems its all over the place.

Is .8 across the board really all that bad? My previous attempts at tuning, I was only able to bring my ltft's to around +4 vs. stock 8-9+, with BT's help&spreadsheet I'm down to .8-ish and the car loves it.

LTFT should be +/- 1% and the STFT should be 3-4% at most. The car I tuned last weekend looked like it was flatlining most of the time lol

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I am not complaining about my .8, but occasionally the LTFT jumps to 1.6, which tells me there is some tuning needing done there. And, my STFTs are pretty whacky.

Occasionally they will drift slightly depending on if you sit in traffic, or the weather changes quick etc.. We don't have enough compensation tables to fix that. We would need like IAT vs MAF multiplier, ECT vs MAF multiplier, things like that. We have just some basic stuff at the moment which we CAN make work pretty good but there will still be some weirdness from time to time. my .02 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Occasionally they will drift slightly depending on if you sit in traffic, or the weather changes quick etc.. We don't have enough compensation tables to fix that. We would need like IAT vs MAF multiplier, ECT vs MAF multiplier, things like that. We have just some basic stuff at the moment which we CAN make work pretty good but there will still be some weirdness from time to time. my .02 anyway.
    Agreed. In normal driving I can keep mine -0.8 to +0.8 no problem, but I have a lot of low rpm (1200-1500) mid load negative trims (8-12% ) to keep it from going way positive in stop & go congestion. I still see +2.3 LTFT's some days in heavy bumper to bumper stuff.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 03-24-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

added some quick instructions. I will get this back to a nice looking how to like the rest shortly, just been super busy the last couple weeks with spring here

Damn, I am lost as hell trying to set this up

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    Damn, I am lost as hell trying to set this up
    Where ya stuck at bud?

just to make sure i got this right.... and maybe to help others understand a lil better....

We want to do all our actual tuning on the frequency table.... get that dialed in as close as possible.... a few logs with paste mulitply... and then maybe one or two with mupltiply by half.....

(what about smoothing on this table? One click or two after every multiply? None at all? just maybe one smooth after we got it almost right? should we smooth at all or do we want the details and accuracy that smothing might blur)

So then once we have the frequency table all set and to where we want it... Then we do another run, fresh logs with our freq just right... and then we use the Calibration Histogram to fine tune with the Maf Calibration table...

(Now on this table, you say only use the cells that are out a bit not the whole table? and even then only paste mult by half? and i assume no smoothing?)

and then lastly.... if we make futur mods to the car, and need to re-tune.... do we start with fresh stock tables and do it all over? or can we tune over the top of these? or what?

I manually smooth out the MAF correction table if it gets too gross in a spot or two. Want to keep the transitions smooth as possible between cells and maintain proper lambda. I suppose you could use the smoothing functions, but I like to look it over in the 3d graph view as well. My Hahn CAI has all kinds of lumps in the MAF correction graph from the turbulent cells.

Any future mods can be trimmed over the existing tables unless you get a different intake, then start from scratch IMO.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Any future mods can be trimmed over the existing tables unless you get a different intake, then start from scratch IMO.
    Ok... but should we step back to the freq table, trim over it, and then trim over the modified calibration chart too? Or will going back to the freq require nuking of our calibration mods?