Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

yes

Tuner in Training
    For step one...when you create the custom PID...You don'thave to select a Sensor...just enter the Percent for units, Type in that coding at the bottom, and Name it?

And then when I go into the Histograms and in the How to it says click Configure Histogram next to the number 12...I would assume that's the same as "Histogram Settings"...because I don't have an option for Configure Histogram...?

OK so I finally got the Maf Corr 1-3 setup and then when I plugged it all into my car...All the Histograms except the Maf Corr ones started working and it just said this:

"This Histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters.

If this Histogram references Tables, it is possible that the vehicle
    you are connected to does not support these Tables. It is also possible
    that the sensor required for the Table is not found in the loaded
    parameters.

If this Histogram references Sensors, it is possible that the sensor
    required is not found in the loaded parameters.

If this Histogram references PIDs, it is possible that the PID required
    is not found in the loaded parameters.

You will find all of your loaded parameters located on your Table Display.
    To add more parameters, right click the table display and click insert.

For example, if you have a histogram built that maps Timing Advance
    and you do not have Timing Advance inserted on your Table Display,
    the Histogram will not function."

I'm assuming that means I need to add a parameter to the Table...but which ones? If that's even the problem?
    Last edited by SweetSandMan; 02-02-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    08 Cobalt SS - K&N drop in, Muffler Delete, ZZP 3" catless Downpipe, HPTuned

Advanced Tuner
    Out of curiosity, would dramatic swings in weather make a difference while dialing in the MAF? I would think so but I don't want to go making assumptions.

My reasoning for asking this is I usually only have time to drive/log at night time (work is only 3-4 miles away, car barely warms up by the time I get in) and here in AZ, nights are pretty damned cold ATM (40-45 degrees). Am I wasting my time?

Weather and humidity seem to affect it some. When the CAI filter gets damp in the rain on my CAI it shifts. I usually log the ride in and the ride home, compare the histos manually and make changes accordingly. If it's really whacked out a given day, I ignore it. Seems to take around 8-10 trips to settle after getting it close. I've only been trimming it once a week for a while now. So close that any changes I make come out the next time.
    Best I can get on the Hahn CAI is about a 2% drift with the weather.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Weather and humidity seem to affect it some. When the CAI filter gets damp in the rain on my CAI it shifts. I usually log the ride in and the ride home, compare the histos manually and make changes accordingly. If it's really whacked out a given day, I ignore it. Seems to take around 8-10 trips to settle after getting it close. I've only been trimming it once a week for a while now. So close that any changes I make come out the next time.
    Best I can get on the Hahn CAI is about a 2% drift with the weather.

Thanks Iam Broke

I noticed that while logging in some rain/rainy weather, my STFT were way out of whack and I was getting KR like no other as to where just a few days prior, there was very minimal, if any KR.

So my understanding is that any attempts to correcting the MAF and STFT/LTFT is better than no attempt(s) at all?

Yep, it just takes a lot of time to get it right. If we could see more of the air & fueling tables than the few we have more of the mystery would go away.

Advanced Tuner
    C'mon BYT! Where's that re-write? I'm antsy as I'm having one hell of a time dialing in my MAF... With the stock filter/intake....

TIA!

Tuner in Training
    Any updates?

Tuner in Training
    bump

Tuner in Training
    +1 for an update! Can't wait to see the latest tuning tweaks. It's been taking forever to tune this Hahn

Advanced Tuner
    With Tom's help/guidance and a few pointers from Term and BYT, I've been fortunate enough (with the help of BYT's previous guide) to get my LTFTs to hover around -0.8 (usually -0.8 to 0.0) and my STFTs to quit wandering as much. Just takes a lot of time and patience guys, don't give up!

I've also found that the car loves a whole lot more timing now too!

Ya, got my MAF trims in line, but mine still hates more than 12* timing WOT above 5k. Oh well. Glad it worked out for ya!

Advanced Tuner
    Ya, got my MAF trims in line, but mine still hates more than 12* timing WOT above 5k. Oh well. Glad it worked out for ya!
    I wonder why though Tom? Anything you can think of at this point?

Thanks again too! I'll have to do some WOT pulls, log it and shoot it all over to you and let you take a look

Do want...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I wonder why though Tom? Anything you can think of at this point?

Thanks again too! I'll have to do some WOT pulls, log it and shoot it all over to you and let you take a look

Been fighting it since I started tuning it with Term's help since last July. Looked for any reasons suggested, including rubbing or hitting of any body parts, exhaust, ect.

2 ranges colder plugs, no help. A ~97 octane blend of Leaded racegas fixed it but sadly, the 02 sensor wouldn't like that all the time. Pretty gray tailpipe for a week.

Seafoamed it hoping carbon buildup from the original Trifecta tune caused it, no help.

It's random on all 4 cyls. I see it most on #2 & 3, prob phantom but can't be sure. When it shows up on #1, I believe it though, don't want to eat the ring lands.

Tuner in Training
    Been fighting it since I started tuning it with Term's help since last July. Looked for any reasons suggested, including rubbing or hitting of any body parts, exhaust, ect.

2 ranges colder plugs, no help. A ~97 octane blend of Leaded racegas fixed it but sadly, the 02 sensor wouldn't like that all the time. Pretty gray tailpipe for a week.

Seafoamed it hoping carbon buildup from the original Trifecta tune caused it, no help.

It's random on all 4 cyls. I see it most on #2 & 3, prob phantom but can't be sure. When it shows up on #1, I believe it though, don't want to eat the ring lands.

I got the exact same issue. Mine is random too but mostly on #4. I almost never see it on #1. I tried to cycle the key several times a few different times to see if it made a difference but that seemed to have random results as well. I guess ive tried a lot of different things as far as trying to tune it out but to no avail. Less taking a ton of mid range timing out anyways.

Advanced Tuner

Try a splash of Toluene

Drink it, smoke it, inhale it or put it in the tank?

NICE lol

Advanced Tuner
    Drink it, smoke it, inhale it or put it in the tank?

Hahaha

$1 Bob!