Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

I'm living in fear right now... to many blown pistion threads popping up... can't get the STFT to strighten out.... KR is still kicking in..... i hear a slight tick midrange and top end where i think it is actually knocking.... I'm going to go back to stock DAL for now to keep the boost down. till i figure out this knock thing. I was tuning my friends and he was at 12* with no knock and almost the exact same tune as what i'm running.
    06 Cobalt LT pacesetter cat back, eibach lowering, AEM CAI, Zex 75 shot. 190whp

09 CObalt SS, Dejon spring mod, Hahn catted Down pipe, 3" cat back with a borla muffler. Still slow...

No offense here...but if you can't tune your car properly why are you tuning someone else's car also???

none taken but aparently I'm not the problem if his and one other LNF i have tuned are running just fine. I 'm goiung to start eliminating vareables. first the stock airbox is going back on. then I'll try to tune from there, then if it still won't get right, then I'm going to remove other aftermarket parts. something has to be causing this...

09 CObalt SS, Dejon spring mod, Hahn catted Down pipe, 3" cat back with a borla muffler. Still slow...

I feel you. I just got my KR gone while running 14* finally. But the STFT is a bitch lol

But under WOT it is @ 0. Is that because it goes into CL while WOT?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Post up one of your Logs while showing knock, so it an be looked at.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

ok taking off right now to 10min drive BRB!

here you go I rolled into and out of the throttle as much as possible and a couple WOT pulls to his every cell possible. aslo the current confg is one i got from the LTFT/STFT thread.

I was having the same problem with mine, not sure how I got the KR out other than doing the MAF tuning which isn't 100% right yet. 12* of timing is all i seen in yours though.

Are you taking the #11 histo and applying it to your MAF correction table?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

This is a shot of my log from yesterday with 14*

I had also loaded all stock timing tables back in to the tune and then upped that timing in the high areas and took some out in the low areas that showed more that 40+* of timing

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

no i'm using the #4

Is it the STFT table or the MAF Correction table?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the stft is best sorted out doing multiple runs for long periods of time. 2 correcting the maf by paste special percent, and 2 more with paste special half percent. if you can get a full 30 min log every time the beter and faster it will straighten out. had the same problem, couldnt rope in the values when i first tuned it a yr ago and now with the ported setup i got it within a desired range in about 2.5 hrs worth of driving, fully maxing out the interface storage every time.

stft is maf calibration (airflow vs frequency)
    ltft is maf correction (base)
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I use LTFT+STFT first to dial in the air vs freq table, then I use STFT on the MAF Corr table. Seems to have worked the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Note: Someone Pm'd me saying the attached Histograms fill in the same Maf Freq values. If this is the case for you, all I did was plug them directly in from the Maf vs Frequency table in HPT. Just do the same
    Thanks for reading
    I was just curious if you ever got your histograms to work.... I am having the same problems the other fellow pm'ed you about. all the data is piling up in the first and last cell of each table... and nothing in between.

I have had the same the same issues with other histograms... and in every case it turned out to be any histogram with the decreasing cell order. Like your first cell is 500000 and the last is 3397... I have yet to figure out how to get tables like these to populate corectly.
    I was able to get yours to work by reversing the order, from 3397 to 500000. works just dandy... but it requires each cell to be manually entered into the editor, since the tables are now backwards.
    It isnt so bad in this case with it just being a one row table... but i would LOVE to figure out how to make reverse order tables work in a histogram.

my high and low ones didn't work either

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt09SS View Post
    my first was 11.7 I multiplied by 1.10, then reset, my DP came in so i threw that on now I'm -18.0.... SO I'm going to devide by 1.15 to get back close right?
    I am having the same exact thing here..... I installed my catless 3" downpipe, (and at the same time hahn charge pipes and a short ram intake with K&N filter)... after the install i was showing fuel trims down to -25 at times... -18 at best... That is crazy....

The MAF is in the short ram intake, and the ID of the tube it is in is 1/8" narrower than the factory plastic tubing.... so it should be reading MORE AIR... and the charge pipes and DP flow better.... so again... i should see MORE AIR.... but -18 to -25 trims... that means it is registering VERY RICH.

So i am very confused here..... And i fear re-calibrating the MAF would be a band aid. If this other fellow said he too showed RICH after installing his DP.... that would lead me to believe that this is an issue with the O2 sensor, and not the MAF. Because how could a DP cause the MAF to read that RICH? should be the opposite. So i think this is something skewing the O2 sensor and starving it for oxygen, making it read RICH.

So if you adjust the MAF based on a skewed O2.... you are throwing the whole car off. and just allowing it to live in some tainted reality. It would be like calibrating scientific instruments off of an old wooden yard stick.

So hoping someone can explain why i am wrong here.... or if i am right... tell me what we (others in this boat, and I) could do to keep everything tuned to reality and not just looking right on our computer screen but really running -18 points off but programmed to think it is ok.

i am trying to sort out the populating cells in the maf hz histogram as well.
    mine only populate the very first cell so ive contacted support and am getting it sorted out.

for those people who are having trouble getting the log for maf hz to fill in correctly in the scanner, ex: the hz only fill in with the scale going the opposite way than the editor so you cannot paste special you must manually do it, or it scales in the first or last box only, the newest beta release has fixed both of those errors for me and not to mention the custom gauge interface added is awesome too.

which new beta?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    which new beta?
    yes, is there a new beta?