Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, i was told that the rich spike when first hitting the gas was an emissions thing. Because the car runs DFCO, the cat heats up and that short rich burst is to bring it to temp. That's why i said excluding DFCO. We can actually tune that out? lol
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Tuner in Training
    my LTFT's are off by 5.5%, i just adjusted the tune according to this manual, so we'll see if that helps out. I do notice in my logs that the A/F actual is off when i first get on the throttle..hopefully this fixes it. thanks for the write up!

I still need to add LTFT+STFT for the Maf Correction Table. Here's a screenshot of the Histogram setup if youre antsy

Its basically just doing more of the same thing, but with the Maf Correction table. If you setup a histogram like the picture, then log the car and look at the histogram, you will see what to do

So if my LTFT is off by 11.7, I should highlight the entire table and multiply by 1.11?
    06 Cobalt LT pacesetter cat back, eibach lowering, AEM CAI, Zex 75 shot. 190whp

09 CObalt SS, Dejon spring mod, Hahn catted Down pipe, 3" cat back with a borla muffler. Still slow...

on the STFT i need more clarification..... i have + and - numbers ranging from +8.8 to - 2.8
    Last edited by Cobalt09SS; 11-14-2009 at 11:08 AM.

09 CObalt SS, Dejon spring mod, Hahn catted Down pipe, 3" cat back with a borla muffler. Still slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt09SS View Post
    So if my LTFT is off by 11.7, I should highlight the entire table and multiply by 1.11?
    In theory yes, but that may be a bit much initially. Id start with 1.10 and log it again after it's closer to 0
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt09SS View Post
    on the STFT i need more clarification..... i have + and - numbers ranging from +8.8 to - 2.8
    Dial in your LTFT's first. After that you can trim the STFT's.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    In theory yes, but that may be a bit much initially. Id start with 1.10 and log it again after it's closer to 0
    Then multiply by %-half so you don't overshoot to fine tune

Tuner in Training
    i copied everything from your screenshot..lol lets see what shows up when i log. i did notice that when i loaded the histograms for the maf correction my boost stopped showing up in my data logs, i must have overwritten part of the config file.

Tuner in Training
    quick question(s), before i play with the maf correction table, do i want to have the airflow vs freq dialed in perfect? i am within a percent across the board now, but it could still use some adjusting. also, will dialing in the STFT's and LTFT's help with KR? i'm seeing a few degree's here and there. this tuning stuff is starting to become fun..thanks to the help on here!

Driving conditions constantly change and if you are within one percent across the board on the MAF freq, that'll be hard to beat, the correction table must be pretty close already.

Give it a try but save what you have now too in case it gets worse. Good job!

As you already know I still have a few degrees KR here and there. You can use a KR vs Air load & RPM histogram to see where it happens and to take some timing out a degree or two at a time & keep logging. Some days I see no KR, other days a degree or 3. Still much better than the stock timing tables were. You have to take it out of all 4 tables.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 11-14-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Tuner in Training
    well, my STFT's are pretty far off still (maf corr. histo), but they must even out or something, idk, cause the LTFT's are still staying real close. i'll try to dial in the LTFT a bit more, then the STFT, then i'll work on the timing.. hopefully i can have it sitting real good by the end of the weekend. when i adjust the timing, do i do 1 table at a time and log/adjust before moving to the next table? or all at once?

Yeah, i've been saving each version of the tune just incase i really screw something up, lol
    Last edited by oopsitouchedmyself; 11-15-2009 at 01:44 AM.

finalized the 1st post.

Senior Tuner
    Looks good. It'll be a big help to the new guys with this plant.

my first was 11.7 I multiplied by 1.10, then reset, my DP came in so i threw that on now I'm -18.0.... SO I'm going to devide by 1.15 to get back close right?

-18 and you want to multiply by .82. Are you sure it wasnt a -11.7 to start???

Tuner in Training
    right as i loaded my adjusted maf correction tables my car started up and was misfiring and generally running like shit. it also happened to be the same time my MAP sensor stopped working.. so i reverted to the last tune and it still sputtered a bit till i started driving but not near as bad. do you think it's possible my maf correction could have caused the map to shit out, or does that have nothing to do with it? i was careful when adjusting stuff, so i doubt the tune was way off, but who knows. i'm getting the new MAP installed tommorrow and i'm just gonna log and re adjust but only go half the % that it's off so i do less of a change.

You know you have ESP? IT WAS -11.7.... I get the dumbass of the day award. Fixing it now....

Glad you got it

ok great drove 40min and only pulling +3.3 LTFT. yes i double checked.