Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

Yes. I think you will notice more midrange torque. It won't sound like a WWII airplane on a cold start anymore either once you disable cat warmup.

When you go for your emission check, flash back to GMS1 a week or so before so all the tests will be 'ready'.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for this i was able to try these tonight, seems to run okay. I also have my ltft within 3% on one adjust i did in the rain (previously ltft was +7 on my k&n intake). Thanks guys for the help understanding this. Greatly appreciated

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    all that is rewuired is a simple question with logs and current tune and boom! people start stepping up thats the greatest part about hpt forum
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Reviving an old thread looking for some quick help. I am trying to calibrate the maf on my 2009 LNF cobalt. I have done all my tuning with the purge solenoid disconnected. My LTFT's are always 0. So essentially I am just using STFT to tune my maf. Is this correct? I read through this thread as much as possible without any help.

if your long terms are zero then yes in that case you would be using your short term trims.
    if you use the custom pid of ltft+stft then you would see 0+stft
    the scanner does it all for you.
    on the lnf environmental changes are pretty drastic so if your around 1.5% trim then your done

Tuner in Training
    overbooster your videos have been priceless to me. Let me know what you think of this log. If it checks out then I am good to go. I appreciate your time! Thank You!
    mm22.hpl

you only have 6* timing at wot and your lb/min values are low. if you could bring the timing up your maf and ve will rise some too. factory turbo can make 30-33 lb/min flow.
    you need to work on your maf base table. paste the trims into the base table by percent half only until the trims stay around 2% or less. you can plug your evap back in when done and verify.

i dont know whats going on with your scanner but your long term trims dont respond which is highly unusual. i would try playing with your config file and see if you can get them to respond again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I tried again today to get LTFT's reading. No luck. I managed to get -50 LTFT's vs maf. Also when car is started the idle goes crazy (only after flash). Hunting all over the place for 10-20sec. I bought the car with hahn IC tubing and intake no tune. That might be what's giving me the trouble. I added 3bar map sensors. Tune posted for people to glance at. maf1.hpt

ill send you a tune. if it asside from dals if and wgdc if it doesnt match its probably causing inconsistencies.
    open as compare and copy and paste.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I got a chance to compare that tune you posted. I had blank tables in my stock tune for "Knock" and "factor" under:[[[[Airflow -> under variable camshaft -> Knock Angle]]]]. You also run a lot of timing compared to my stock file. You said this would help my maf so I am definetly going to try it. I also found a lot of large changes in intake and exhaust camshaft angles. Should I try those as well. Thanks a lot for the help so far. Last thing to note is 2 or 3 tables had different x,y values.

its only like 3* more total but it gets to the total faster.
    hold off on the camshafts until you understand the rest because everything changes with 1 cam change.

if it has different x/y values fill the ones in that are the same or within 100 or so rpm then the plank ones you can use the interpolate between two cells that are filled in to auto fill the missing ones.
    if you notice i had the turbo settings in that tune for the gm stage kit. i would copy those into your oem non-stage tune because it has less restrictions than the stage flash does.
    diagnostics tab you had some map sensor data that was off for the 3 bars make sure you correct that so you dont hit any ecu limiting factors.

Tuner in Training
    Everything is working well now. Atleast I am getting LTFT's and STFT's. Ill post the log. I get a hesitation now at 4-5k. It only happens at WOT. I also went to adjust the maf and when I adjust the table it turns the graph back on itself. I think this is because the LTFT and STFT are so far off. Which may also account for the hesitation. My log doesn't hit enough maf cells to keep the lb/min decreasing along the row. (instead of 5-4-3-2-1 its doing 5-4-2-3-2-1 after my change). Let me know if that made sense. ttttt.hpl

start your maf over. set the base table to 1 and set the maf back to factory.

play with your dals until you achieve a kpa value of 267. with that kpa value, lock down the fueling then give it the timing it wants and you should be at 30lb/min.
    the main hesitation i saw in your log was the first pull through 4k rpm and at the 4400 rpm level during the pull you actually backed off the accelerator with your foot. chalk that one up to driver error until your logs start to show otherwise.

Potential Tuner
    As a random looking to do this in the future I also agree your videos are extremely helpful, thanks for taking the time to make them.