Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

Where are those windows?

I open the HP VCM Scanner, and go to the histogram settings to change them, but I can't see what you see.
    Only motor

Open the scanner, bring up the table with your config open. Right click on the table, select Insert and a window pops up 'Insert PID's'. Doubleclick Configure User Defined and add the function string you see in my screen cap above.

After it's sucessfully added you can add it to your charts & histograms. The histogram has to be created as well but it has to be in the table first.

I use RPM & Load vs. STFT+LTFT in my histo.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Edit: After you have the Configure user defined window open if you click on the blue circle ? the window pops up with the PID's & sensors. It's better to use the sensors if they are available.

That's what I see with a right click on the table:

No "insert" there!
    Only motor

You are clicking on the Histogram, you have to open the Table, not the histogram.

It's in the toolbar to the right of the Save icon, labeled Table(Primary).

oooooooooooooooooooook!

Thanks!
    Only motor

Tuner in Training
    Bump for a thread that is pure win. Thanks to all the contributors!

Going back and reviewing this I got a little confused on the last update with the purge solenoid.

You're unplugging it,reflashing,then plugging it back in before starting the car?

no. You are flashing your tune, then unplugging the solenoid before you start and drive the car. Do all of your tuning on the MAF then plug it back in when finished.

You are just doing this trick to lock to LTFT's at 0%.

Got it. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Something important to note. I try to keep the steps between cells in the MAF calibration table as smooth as possible by multiplying them all by the same number. If the steps between the cells are not as smooth and consistant as possible it tends to make the A/F hunt a lot (rich/lean rich/lean, etc) which makes it difficult for the STFTs to correct properly. When I MAF tune I first set the correction table to all 1s. If the LTFT is off more then 2-3% I will multiply the whole MAF calibration by that percentage minus 1%. I then log and check the LTFT as long as it is within 1% I turn to the STFTs (actually, I always use the LTFT +STFTs). I use the MAF correction table only normally to do this because I want to keep the MAF calibration cells as smooth as possible because I find it yields the best results.

I'm sure it's something that I'm doing incorrectly that's causing my problem here..

I have my PID's all set up, and the histograms set up properly as well (I think). When I load my log data into the histograms, it only fills in the first column of my ltft+stft vs load vs rpm and ltft+stft vs maf correction histos. Not to mention it will only fill in 1 cell per maf fq vs ve airflow histo.

At this point, I'm just worried about getting vcm scanner all set up and reading correctly before doing any actual tuning. What could be causing this to happen? Would disconnecting my purge solenoid make any difference?

Also; I tried just loading stft in those fields on the histos with the same result.

I'm pretty sure I have everything set up right.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch1ck3n View Post
    I'm sure it's something that I'm doing incorrectly that's causing my problem here..

I have my PID's all set up, and the histograms set up properly as well (I think). When I load my log data into the histograms, it only fills in the first column of my ltft+stft vs load vs rpm and ltft+stft vs maf correction histos. Not to mention it will only fill in 1 cell per maf fq vs ve airflow histo.

At this point, I'm just worried about getting vcm scanner all set up and reading correctly before doing any actual tuning. What could be causing this to happen? Would disconnecting my purge solenoid make any difference?

Also; I tried just loading stft in those fields on the histos with the same result.

I'm pretty sure I have everything set up right.
    Go into your histogram settings and check row and coloum axis PIDs and make sure you are logging everything you need in the table.

This is what my histos are set to as of right now..

I know its something really simple that I'm missing and it will be either an "Ah-hah!" moment or a "D'oh" moment.

Any ideas?

what are you working on? year make model of the pcm

post your log, config file

Unhappy

'09 cobalt ss e69

Attachment 25341
    Attachment 25342

It's not an extremely long log but it hits enough cells to at least fill in more than my 10% load column.

The cfg file is kind of miffed right now cause i was just trying to get anything to fill the histos, so some of them might just have the stft's instead of lt + st

what are you wanting to do with the histograms? wanting to log that is.

Currently I'm mainly trying to log STFT + LTFT vs Load vs RPM and LTFT + STFT vs Maf Correction. I was also trying just STFT vs load vs rpm just to see if i could get anything to read out.

The cfg file is a pretty big mess right now, as you can see... I've just been playing around with it just trying to get the histos to fill out.

Edit: I was also trying to log STFT + LTFT vs maf airflow vs output fq but I kind of put that on the back burner until i made progress with the first two tables.
    Last edited by Ch1ck3n; 09-25-2010 at 08:56 PM.

change from load to manifold absolute pressure or map.

Changing the x axis to map worked to get a the histo to fill in a bit more, but how does that apply to load? I'd be looking at a certain conversion factor to get the % would I not? I'm only asking because the maf correction table is in rpm vs load (which is measured by %).

Any idea why my stft vs maf fq isn't filling correctly?