Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.24 teaser screenshot

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    bill needs beer lol
    we should set oup an hpt beer drive for him

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    we decided to hire another software developer over the last 2 months, this has reduced development resources temporarily for interviews, resume reading etc.

Also, last couple of months have been swamped a bit with SEMA and PRI shows.

Introducing Dodge has already seen improvements in the base code, the Dodge controllers have a number of different comms protocols that can be active in various ways at various times. Arguably the NGC3 is the worst of the bunch so we kinda underestimated some of the issues.

As an example, NGC3 controllers can be scanned using CAN, SCI, ISO and sometimes even VPW. Depending on the vehicle some in the list may or may not be active or give weird results. Additionally, the reflashing must occur on SCI. So you can get into a situation where you might detect multiple comms busses and need to choose approporiately depening on if you are scanning or flashing. Finally, the EGS52/53 TCM scans and flashes on CAN another wrench in the decision tree!!

During this process of discovery we have implemented a number of things such as generic OBD2 scanning capability and most of the advanced hi speed Dodge scanning methods.

Combining all this with a major rewrite of our comms code to work more efficiently with Microsoft .NET and multi-threading, to prevent the random scanner crashes some are experiencing with 2.22. This problem alone has taken a long time to identify and address and it's flow thru effects on other code areas has been larger than expected.

For now its a waiting game while the Dodge code changes are integrated into the new code base and after some re-verification testing happens we will move forward rather quickly. Combined with a new s/w dev resource things should pick up again early in the new year.

Chris...
    Sorry guys for getting your hopes up but adding another software developer is really necessary at this point as its been a bottleneck for us for the last couple of years.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O View Post
    we should set oup an hpt beer drive for him
    hed have beer for life
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Sorry guys for getting your hopes up but adding another software developer is really necessary at this point as its been a bottleneck for us for the last couple of years.

-Bill
    huh? u already mentioned the new developers?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O View Post
    huh? u already mentioned the new developers?
    People kept asking for an update, update is 2.24 is on hold while we hire & train a new software guy.

Advanced Tuner
    People kept asking for an update, update is 2.24 is on hold while we hire & train a new software guy.
    ooo

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    dont oh the news sure updates will be held back some but in the end its for the win 8D
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Do you really need to train him? Or do you just need to feed him burritos?

Advanced Tuner
    By the time he's trained it'll probably be 2 years between 2.22(came out june 08) and 2.24, to me that sounds unacceptable for software updates.
    If i was looking for a tuning tool and glanced at the supported vehicle list for hptuners/efilive i would go with efilive since it has more support for 08-10 vehicles, this could mean lost sales. Yes i know there's beta software with support for them but its been beta for 18 months now, and some features are disabled in the last one i received.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    By the time he's trained it'll probably be 2 years between 2.22(came out june 08) and 2.24, to me that sounds unacceptable for software updates.
    Unfortunately we all agree here as well hence the reason for us hiring another software developer so hopefully history won't repeat itself.

Advanced Tuner
    Well Bill I am so fed up and pissed about this update delay that I am going to make a change to efilive.

J K
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Good things come to those who wait...sure get frustrated on the way.

Sit back have a and be prepared for the new release.

2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

Tuner
    Do you not have other software guys working on 2.24 while the new guy is being trained?

Any idea when progress on 2.24 will resume? I have cars with mods waiting in boxes that I cannot yet tune for... I know HPTuners and the staff there are awesome, but I just cant see how you can just put a hault to a software update that is in beta or close to being a beta. Please explain the situation a bit more if possible.

Thanks guys

Fil131
    Last edited by FIL131; 01-19-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    2002 NBM WS6
    APS F-BODY TWIN TURBO KIT
    317 Heads
    60# Mototron Injectors
    HPTuners tuned by Sean@Solid-Technology, Abq NM
    610 RWHP DYNOJET on 7.9PSI

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post
    Do you not have other software guys working on 2.24 while the new guy is being trained?

Any idea when progress on 2.24 will resume? I have cars with mods waiting in boxes that I cannot yet tune for... I know HPTuners and the staff there are awesome, but I just cant see how you can just put a hault to a software update that is in beta or close to being a beta. Please explain the situation a bit more if possible.

Thanks guys

Fil131
    We currently only HAVE 1 software guy which is the reason we are hiring another, imagine if that one software guy were to get seriously injured or otherwise, heaven forbid and unable to do his job, there goes hpt. Our 1 software guy needs to train the new software guy to do his job so that updates will become more regular and we will finally be able to finish up tasks that have been in que for a while. Beta testing won't stop but it'll be slower than it had been over the last couple of years simply because of the training process. Originally HPT was only 3 guys, not some huge entity and to this day it is still owned & operated by those three now just with a dedicated support guy, sales guy and 2 additional engineers(who mainly work on new definitions for gm & ford).

-Bill

I thought you guys wanted someone that you DIDN'T have to train; someone who already was in-the-know... I would have sent you a resume and a fruit basket
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Bill, I hear ya about the stupid and irate customer situation. I get to deal with dumbass rednecks everyday who typically can't put their right address information on an order lol. Gotta love what you do though to put up with some of the idiots.

I like how the new gauges look and everything, looks really clean. Can't wait for the 2.24 to come out!
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Bill, I hear ya about the stupid and irate customer situation. I get to deal with dumbass rednecks everyday who typically can't put their right address information on an order lol. Gotta love what you do though to put up with some of the idiots.

I like how the new gauges look and everything, looks really clean. Can't wait for the 2.24 to come out!
    or the ones that think edelbrock not only made the "avenger" carb series line but als call the chevy 350 a BBC. worse than rednecks are oblivious rednecks..

Advanced Tuner
    Just wondering how this was going. Did you find someone to hire? Keep up the good work guys. HPTuners is well worth the wait!!
    GM World Class Technician
    ASE Master Auto Technician
    L1 Certification
    2001 Silverado 6.0L Swap

I do agree with the updates. Hiring someone should have been about a year ago. You should finish the update then train the guy. Enough people are already waiting.

that is sweeet
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 PM for info...funny rear mount...father/son build.
    My STS build
    NEW: TC76, 69.65# FIC725, FPR, External Bosch 044, Moser 12 3.42,
    Manifolds, Forged Rods + Pistons,

Numbers to come...