Thread: Throwing a lot of codes... not sure what to do!

Tuner in Training

Throwing a lot of codes... not sure what to do!

I have changed the sensor on my ECT and the old sensor is the only one that works. When i install a new one, the temp guage stops working unless i clear the codes. Then it works for maybe five mins and i have to do it again. The old sensor works, but the plastic connector on the end of it is broken off, so sometimes the plug comes out of the sensor. Ive also been throwing these other codes. The MAF is brand new, too... so i dont know what thats about. Plus the clutch switch was just replaced to try to get rid of this code. It didnt work. The only thing that i can see being right is the EGR code. That is normal, since i deleted my EGR. What gives?

PCM - p0103 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Frequency (History) (Immature)

PCM - p0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current)

PCM - p0405 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current)

PCM - p0704 - Clutch Switch Input Circuit Malfunction (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)

Restraints - u1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)

Restraints - b1001 - Option Configuration Error (History) (Immature)

Restraints - u1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communications with VCM (History) (Immature)

Restraints - u1040 - Loss of Class 2 Communications with ABS (History) (Immature)
    Pacesetter race style LTs, LS6 intake, TSP TDs w/ Dynomax bullets, !EGR, !AIR, ported MAF, Whisper lid, SLP smooth bellow, K&N filter, Fays2 Watts Link, Strano Bilstein HD shocks/struts, UMI adj. LCAs, Racetronix 255lph w/ hotwire kit, Dynotune wet shot, HPtuners (learning process)

Tuner in Training
    What year and type of car?
    98 TA
    06 1500hd cc 4x

Tuner in Training
    its a 99 camaro SS 6 speed
    Pacesetter race style LTs, LS6 intake, TSP TDs w/ Dynomax bullets, !EGR, !AIR, ported MAF, Whisper lid, SLP smooth bellow, K&N filter, Fays2 Watts Link, Strano Bilstein HD shocks/struts, UMI adj. LCAs, Racetronix 255lph w/ hotwire kit, Dynotune wet shot, HPtuners (learning process)

Tuner
    Not sure of the setup on camaro's but i have seen similar things in aussie cars when the abs module or bcm play up . Again unsure if similar but aussie holdens have a 3 connectors that connect the engine harness to the cabin harness. I have had the pins come loose from connector causing a intermitent or permanent fault

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post
    PCM - p0103 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Frequency (History) (Immature)

PCM - p0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current)

PCM - p0704 - Clutch Switch Input Circuit Malfunction (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    These are the only ones to worry about. Without a tune and a log we can not help on some of them. There is a possibility you have some bad connections. Sounds like maybe an issue with the wiring on the ECT sensor. The clutch switch code can happen (if that is the code for the top one) when the adjustment is incorrect on it. The MAF code is old, so it may be OK (unless you exceeded the limit of it).
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Post up your tune if you can. To your knowledge, is it a stock tune?
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC