Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trans Segment swaps

Separate flash is a fantastic addition, I just with there was a way to transfer trans OS from one tune to another. T43's are part of the valve body which makes them a challenge to bench flash
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

question if i want to swap segment of engine to allow flex fuel sensor n then upgrade to 3bar would that work

i downloaded a 12216125 os with flex fuel option i opened my stock 02 sierra tune opened the flex fuel tune in compare and its greyed out. if i try a different file it works but others it doesnt. what could be issue
    Last edited by prostreet1967; 04-18-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I need a m10 manual trans segment for 12624402 the transmission i am using is for a gxp. My car is a 2008. Will i have to write a gxp OS to my ecm?
    I just read the tcm and learned that it has a different OS. 24243170
    So I need a manual tune with the same OS? If anybody is able to help, I greatly appreciate it.
    Edit:
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I have no experience with this stuff. I have tried multiple manual trans cars to try and get the segment feature to come available. I cannot find anything that works. I guess that my tcm OS is only a auto thing because the m10 has no tcm.
    It was suggested by hptuners that I do a manual segment swap, but they failed to mention how to go about it.
    I cannot find any compare files that the segment feature is not greyed out.
    I have tried using the trans file only and comparing, the engine trans together, and nothing.
    Thanks for any and all input
    Last edited by ah555666; 06-07-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I bougth the hp tuners,I don't know nothing I just got a monte carlo ss with 5.3 4l80 all stock but I got a c1500 with 5.3 too,but with 4l60e I plug the hpt into the monte carlo that it's tunned I like how the engine works so smooth but I never think about they were diferent trannys so my truck is tunned too but the tranny won't work,how can I get the 4l60e get it work with this tune on the engine can I just adjust the tranny or I need to do both

Tuner in Training
    From the lack of response, it sounds like there are no manual files that will allow me to use the segment swap utility. Sounds like my only option is to try and flash a gxp manual tune into my 08' gt. If I am wrong please inform me before I waste credits and possibly my ecm.

To my knowledge the segment swap does not work on any 6L80e cars. It's something that works with the P01 and P59 computer and maybe some of the early gen 4 stuff like before 2010 with 4 speed transmissions.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. I tried disabling and turning everything off except for the few things the gxp had on. Everything looks the same, it just has blank tables under trans, instead of options. I copied and pasted all the engine tables. I'm not sure that's enough tho, mainly because of the VSS. I'm still thinking the way to make it work is to write the gxp tune. A little intimidating after reading some people warn about doing so, saying it could brick the ecm. "Could" to me says it also could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasg85 View Post
    I bougth the hp tuners,I don't know nothing I just got a monte carlo ss with 5.3 4l80 all stock but I got a c1500 with 5.3 too,but with 4l60e I plug the hpt into the monte carlo that it's tunned I like how the engine works so smooth but I never think about they were diferent trannys so my truck is tunned too but the tranny won't work,how can I get the 4l60e get it work with this tune on the engine can I just adjust the tranny or I need to do both
    Can you word this better, to me I can't make any sense of what you are even asking.

You say the transmission in the truck doesn't work, so how will tuning fix that? Or is it that you want the 4L60e in the truck to act like the 4L80e in the car? If that is it, you won't get them to act the same, the 4L80e has different gear and will always act slightly different than a 4L60e.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    The truck with 4l60e was working good but my mistake was that I copied the tune from the Monte Carlo that has 4l80e so I put the Monte Carlo tune into the truck with 4l60e but it won't move but If I put more gas the truck moves almost nothing

Potential Tuner
    First thing I wanted it was just copied the tune from the Monte Carlo (4l80e) but never think that I had different trannys

I guess you could find a stock truck file that matches your truck OS and then use the segment swap feature to put the transmission back to factory. That is, if you don't have you stock file to flash the truck back too.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the advise