Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trans Segment swaps

Sweet deal bill.

As I don't have 2.25 and havent the need for a segment swap yet but I'd assume there is a "process" to follow under this new segment swapper that you follow when it needs to be done. I guess the pictures you showed just show that it was changed under the same car.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its straight forward, load the to file, load the from file via compare, click the segment swapper button then select the segments & click copy.

NICE!!! Great work fellas. Kicking ass and taking names.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    its straight forward, load the to file, load the from file via compare, click the segment swapper button then select the segments & click copy.
    Sounds straight forward. I might be a dumb. I do not see a segment swapper button. The files in the compare are 2002 silverado 4l60 and 2002 silverado 4l80.

Image 718.png

Open the Compare menu.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    I see. So it appears I can't swap segments with the two files I have loaded (option read only)?

Image 719.png

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    click open compare file & open the compare file, then click the compare window again

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    click open compare file & open the compare file, then click the compare window again
    Ha HAAAA!!! you sir are the man!

Edit: think i have the same issue. the screen shot is swapping from the same file... :/ Button shows when you're swapping segments to the same file though!

Image 720.png
    Last edited by manifoldmike; 10-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.

I'm assuming that having the same controller would not be sufficient, but one would need the two files to have the same VCM OD ID as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    I'm assuming that having the same controller would not be sufficient, but one would need the two files to have the same VCM OD ID as well?
    Correct. You must have two files with the same operating system ID.

Advanced Tuner
    one question , when you swap the trans im assuming you also swap the diag also

jim

Quote Originally Posted by usc45cal View Post
    one question , when you swap the trans im assuming you also swap the diag also

jim
    Yep.

Potential Tuner
    If you do the trans. segment swap with the 2.25 version it´s not possible to open the file using the 2.24 anymore. What do I need to do in order to edit the file with the updated segments with the 2.24?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCamX3 View Post
    If you do the trans. segment swap with the 2.25 version it´s not possible to open the file using the 2.24 anymore. What do I need to do in order to edit the file with the updated segments with the 2.24?
    Save it to your machine, then flash a write entire to the VCM. Open 2.24, read the VCM with 2.24, save and edit away as normal.
    I only do that if 2.24 has a function I need that isn't ready in 2.25.

Advanced Tuner
    Just noticed this update.
    Nice work and appreciated. This will make my life much easier. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    Save it to your machine, then flash a write entire to the VCM. Open 2.24, read the VCM with 2.24, save and edit away as normal.
    I only do that if 2.24 has a function I need that isn't ready in 2.25.
    Flash entire is not necessary.

This has been working well with Gen3 stuff. How do we go about doing this on Gen4's with seperate TCM's. Example, I have a E38 computer avalanche that originally had a T42 4l60 that was swapped to a 6l90 with a T43. I have already tuned the same swap on another vehicle with the same operating systems and want to copy just the trans tune from the original vehicle into the new one. Hope this makes sense and i am sure there is a simple work around.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Advanced Tuner
    You can do it, just flash the TCM only.

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    You can do it, just flash the TCM only.
    I see with the Beta you can do that. What if you do not have the vehicle present, I am trying to put together a base tune to e-mail.
    Last edited by 01 MidMet WS6; 04-05-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Advanced Tuner
    I made bench harnesses for different PCM types I typically work with and can do them without the vehicle. I typically work with P01 and P59 controllers, but I get an occasional E38 and T42.

I love the separate flash, I've used it three or four times so far and I'm by no means a high volume guy.