Thread: Brain fart- car wont go into PE

Brain fart- car wont go into PE

Car is an 06 GTO with a tvs2300 with LTs and borla. Im logging commanded afr and eq ratio and neither change in boost. I got a feeling its something stupid but I just dont see it. TIA
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

PE enable map seems awfully low. Usually this is 85 or 90 kpa with a maggie and the tps enable is all min values (ie 2%). not saying thats your problem, but from all the maggie tunes ive seen thats the way it is setup...

do u have a log of this?? I was running into the same problems when i installed my 1900

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    YIKES! Your IVT gain is set to 1.0. You need to change this to 0.1. The '05-'06 GTO and '05 C5 would be affected this way. The '06+ C6 requires 1.0. That should fix it.

Also, if your'e attempting to forced OL w/out O2 function, you need to max out the "Delay" table (yours is stock).

P.s. Keep in mind, anything above 3600 rpms and your full MAF (VE table doesn't come into play).
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-22-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I have a couple of logs but no way to post them at work

The tune is currently setup for open loop SD to setup the VE table; the MAF is failed. The OL gain tables I set to one so there isnt any multiplier affect on the VE. Whats in the VE is what you get. This was part of an E40 SD tune write up that is in one of the sticky's

By delay, are you referring to the PE delay?
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    YIKES! Your IVT gain is set to 1.0. You need to change this to 0.1. The '05-'06 GTO and '05 C5 would be affected this way. The '06+ C6 requires 1.0. That should fix it.
    wouldnt the open loop tables (gear and p/n) need to be all 10's for this to work out to 1.00 though... usually they are, but in this file they are all 1.00...??

as I understand it all the open loop tables are multipliers so 1x1x1x1x1=1

I have done all my tunes the same way and never had a problem until this one
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

try setting your PE enable TPS to down near 5-6%
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiv View Post
    wouldnt the open loop tables (gear and p/n) need to be all 10's for this to work out to 1.00 though... usually they are, but in this file they are all 1.00...??
    Quote Originally Posted by angrygoat View Post
    as I understand it all the open loop tables are multipliers so 1x1x1x1x1=1

I have done all my tunes the same way and never had a problem until this one
    The more I think about it, that is correct (my own brain fart, lol). Since the Open Loop Gas is set to 10.0 and the IVT is 0.1 (or higher, depending on the IVT), that gets you back down to 1.0.

Do me a favor, set your Post O2 Test to Disabled under Engine Diagnostics. Also, set your Enrichment Rate back to 1.0. Try also putting your Delay RPM back to factory (tho it is actually bypassed by a Delay Timer that's already set to 0 - HPT just doesn't have it in the definition). Also, max out the CL "Delay" table, which you haven't yet.

You must be on an old version of HPT? Go download the latest one from your customer center.
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-22-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    try setting your PE enable TPS to down near 5-6%
    Chris, I went even farther before I posted this. I set PE enable tps to 0% all across the board and switched over to the scanner. AFR cmd was still 14.7.

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    The more I think about it, that is correct (my own brain fart, lol). Since the Open Loop Gas is set to 10.0 and the IVT is 0.1 (or higher, depending on the IVT), that gets you back down to 1.0.

Do me a favor, set your Post O2 Test to Disabled under Engine Diagnostics. Also, set your Enrichment Rate back to 1.0. Try also putting your Delay RPM back to factory (tho it is actually bypassed by a Delay Timer that's already set to 0 - HPT just doesn't have it in the definition). Also, max out the CL "Delay" table, which you haven't yet.

You must be on an old version of HPT? Go download the latest one from your customer center.
    No worries, just good to know Im not completely screwing it up. Is the CL delay just another setting to make sure Im not going into CL? I have the ECT and O2 readiness temps maxed.

I put my scanner on another GTO to make sure its not the scanner settings or some dumb s**t and it read PE like a champ
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

instead of 0% on the tps, try 2%

only because of all the files ive seen from magnuson its 2%, so maybe there is a reason they didnt use 0%?? might as well give it a shot.

will do
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by angrygoat View Post
    No worries, just good to know Im not completely screwing it up. Is the CL delay just another setting to make sure Im not going into CL? I have the ECT and O2 readiness temps maxed.
    Have you even did what I asked you to do? It'll take you less than 1 minute to make the changes, and less than 30 seconds to flash it into the vehicle.

I know you have those 2 parameters maxed, BUT you need to also set the CL "Delay" table to max, as well. Otherwise you will not fully engage OL w/out O2 function. If you can't see it, you have an OLD version of the software. You also need to set the Post O2 Test to Disabled (again, if you can't see it, you need to upgrade to the latest 2.22x software).
    Formerly known as RWTD

havent worked on it since I posted last night....been stuck at work all day
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131