Thread: LS2 will not crank after swap.

Tuner in Training

LS2 will not crank after swap.

Hi All,

We've done a engine swap in a 1500 pickup. We took out a LS2 from a 2005 corvette and put it in the truck.
    We didnt use the stock loom, but ordered a custom loom at Hotwireauto suitable for this engine, its ecu and DBW.
    Now, we've put in the engine and last night they installed the transmission. When we turn the ignition on, it primes, you hear the DBW but it will not crank.
    When manually giving the starter power, it cranks, runs and shuts down immediatly. This morning i've hooked up HPT and disabled VATS. i also disabled the Clutch interlock. no idea why this was enable, since it is a Automatic.
    Now, still no luck with cranking. When i hook up the Snap-on scanner, and enable the starter relay, it cranks. But whatever i do, it will not crank using the Start ignition wire.
    I see the Brake switch change, so there is no problem. When i manually give the starter power now, it starts and runs fine. But it will not crank at all.

Anybody have any idea where i can look for this problem?

thanx

Michel

Advanced Tuner
    maybe something to do with the push start/fob interface and the bcm of the 05 corvette.

Tuner in Training
    When i manually engage the starter, the engine runs fine. So its pure the starter control. Fob does more then just mess up the start control i think. Its will also prevent the car from running. Does it not?

Advanced Tuner
    check the gear selector switch is wired in properly. Maybe it thinks its in D and wont start cranking
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Tuner in Training
    We also thought that. So we hooked up the Snap-on modis ad checked what gears it sees. It displays the proper gears it is in.

The brake signal is also responding as it should. Clutch interlock has been disabled, so that cant be the problem either.

At this point im pretty stuck... Gonna hook up the modis, put it in D and tell it to start. if it doesnt start, i can rule out the range switch with 100% certainty. it all looks like the computer sees a condition wich it then locks out the possibility to start.

Tuner in Training
    The Ignition wire isnt hooked to the relay, but to the ECU. The ECU then sends it to the relay when the conditions are met(Park/neutral, brake etc). When i tell the ECU to enable the output to the start relay, it starts. So the wiring is okay.

Currently bypassed it, but still searching for the reason why it doesnt work.
    What other kind of conditions could the ECU set before it will enable the startmotor.. Oil level perhaps?

Advanced Tuner
    do you have acess to a Tech II? if so, try that, it will tell you.

Senior Tuner
    Can you post the tune?