Thread: Need help,Preator aborted tune,car won't start

Need help,Preator aborted tune,car won't start

I've got a 04 C5 that had a predator tuner in it.I was changing fan temps and reloading the changes.The tune aborted,set a code,that said no comunicatio to the TB.The car won't start.I was gonna tune with HPTuners anyway.I tried to read the tune and My HPtuners says,can't find computor,is key on,Failed.Predator says when it aborted the tune it blanked out any info in the pcm.They said take the car to Chevy and have it reflashed.Can I somehow put a stock tune back in the car with HpTuners?They said that there 6 yr old hand held is junk and needs to be upgraded.WTF Thanx for the help.

If you can find someone with a TECH II they can flash back in a OEM calibration with your VIN number then you can avoid the dealer. Looks like Diablo fried you ECM, that's why hp tuners cant read it.
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Advanced Tuner
    your comp. may be a loss try the dealer tech 2 but it may be RIP ECM.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

The code it had said no comunication.So Another predator burns a PCM.4rth differant car this summer.06 vert,03 Terminator,03 Saleen Terminator and now this one.WTF good thing I'm in Colorado and they're In FLA.The guy had no problem telling me the predator was junk and they have no responsibilty.So I need a new PCM.I've got a freind at a Chevy Dealer,but he is 40 miles away.Thanx for the help.I figured as much. Tom

Senior Tuner
    Why in the world are you still using them if they keep burning them up? I'm a bit shocked they'd tell you their product was junk. Are you really sure he said something like that to you? I know how strict the owners and management are towards their employees, in regards to situations like that.

And, FWIW, I've never seen a Predator burn up a Ford pcm, and I've used hundreds, and my customers have bought thousands from me over the years (I don't sell them anymore, however, as I use SCT specifically for Fords and HPT specifically for GMs). I have seen the earlier iterations of the GM Predators smoke a few pcms, but not the latest ones. It's always still possible, both w/ the Predator and the end-user (generally the case, but not saying it was in your instance).

Last, my 2nd home is in Colorado (down in the Springs). I could easily tune any of your Fords and GMs for you.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)