Thread: First time using HPTuners, First time starting car after 4 month turbo build, issues.

First time using HPTuners, First time starting car after 4 month turbo build, issues.

I just buttoned up my car after a four month turbo build in my garage. Heres a run down of the setup

Stock shortblock with 317 heads and ls6 cam
    60lb injections
    TC76 with a front mount
    2bar SD

This was my first turbo build and i purchased hptuners for the sole purpose of learning how to tune this setup, i have done very basic PE and system changed on bolt on and cammed cars but nothing serious at all.

i followed a couple tutorials and online guides and books and got a general run down of the tuning setup and im just going to take it very slow and learn as i go.

Fast foward to tonight. finished up the car mechanically and pulled the tune off of it to modify. Old setup was a heads and cam setup that did a little over 400 rwhp. Modified spark and VE, changed gear ratio and tire size for current setup, changed injector values, lowered the idle to 850 (was at 950 for cam), basically followed the 2bar SD setup on the help section.

Good news: AFTER FOUR MONTHS SHE FIRED RIGHT UP!!!
    im ridiculously excited about this

Bad news: Something is up with what i can only imagine is the base tune.

It will idle fine, wideband at +/- 15.1 at idle, sound great, for about 10-15 seconds. after that the rpms drop and the wideband reads lean at approx 18 and it chugs really badly. if you attempt to touch the gas it bogs really bad and basically kills it.

Can someone take a look at the base tune and point me in the right direction. i have also attached the very short log of the start up

thanks

also forgot to mention, the "service vehicle" (not Service Engine Soon) light is on

in the 9 years ive had the car this light has never come on...

Try checking the dtc's to see if there is something throwing a code to shut it off.

Is your fuel pressure set right? Your ve and raf look allright but the description sounds as if its starting fine but after leaving the after start enrichment it goes lean.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Your tune is open loop full time you posted..Assume this was your tuning tune or are you going to run open loop 24/7?

Your injector values are out in some areas. Do you have boost referenced fuel system or stock regulator? Those values off gregs dvd will help things.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Tally TransAm View Post
    also forgot to mention, the "service vehicle" (not Service Engine Soon) light is on

in the 9 years ive had the car this light has never come on...
    You need to uncheck the SES boxes for the Maf DTC's.

Russ Kemp

What are the brand/part number for the injectors?