Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used an 07 ECU in an 06 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    Read my post ^^^ I see that the oil pressure will have problems due to the pinouts, its not the motor most likely.

Thanks I will pass along the info. Not sure how it would be effected as I used an 07 file in his original 06 ecu though. (didn't install an 07 ecu)

He did call back and said his oil pressure was now 35+ at idle and everything "seemed" fine. If oil pressure was messed up due to a different year OS I'm suprised the gauge would work at all.

The car will be dropped off next week so I'll let you know what I find.
    Last edited by INTMD8; 10-22-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

If somebody finds a way to make an 09 LS3 PCM work in a 2006 Z06... I'm all for it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    If somebody finds a way to make an 09 LS3 PCM work in a 2006 Z06... I'm all for it.
    my buddie......real smart cat, told me that it would be almost impossible cause of "placement" of the vin in the pcm. what that means i am not sure but....

Senior Tuner
    It shouldn't matter where the VIN is, as HPT would recognize it as an '09. What matters is that the wiring schematics are proper, and that the TB and ETC system recognize it properly.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

By the time we get all the harnesses made, im sure HPT will have a 06 OS ready by then......... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    By the time we get all the harnesses made, im sure HPT will have a 06 OS ready by then......... lol
    Yea, but it won't have the double injector limit.

Yea, but it won't have the double injector limit.
    With SD who cares, bring me the 06 custom OS !!!!!!!

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    What do you mean who cares? SD still needs proper injector values just as MAF does.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    What do you mean who cares? SD still needs proper injector values just as MAF does.
    It doesn't "need" proper IFR. I have 100lb/hr injectors in my car and it's tuned perfectly.

Double injector limit would be nice but it doesn't pose an issue for me.

Same thing with the C5's when you have to scale down ifr and ve to keep from hitting g/sec limit. The IFR is no longer "correct" but it doesn't stop the car from being tuned and running 100% perfect.
    Last edited by INTMD8; 10-23-2009 at 09:58 AM.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    whatever changes you do to the IFR tables will DIRECTLY be reflected in the VE tables, as in:

- do whatever changes you want by scaling the IFR table, upload the tune. Now download the tune, look at the IFR table and it will be composed of ONE number (eg. 7.3) for the entire range, but you're VE table will now look way different as all the changes made were automatically incorporated into that table.

I dont know if this is common knowledge, but this is what I found out a few days ago, and called it the 2.5bar magic ve tuning trick.

NOTE: which I think proves INTMD8's point that IFR table is useless in 2.5bar, RWTD maybe you should try it and see.
    Last edited by ayousef; 10-23-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Not sure what's going on there ^^^ as the IFR and VE has always remained with the values I enter. (my IFR is entered as 62.04) which, also happens to extend the usable range of the spark timing tables (as in it's not running in the bottom row at base boost, there's enough range to decrease timing along with higher boost levels).

I'm not saying it's "useless" but it can certainly be worked around.
    Last edited by INTMD8; 10-23-2009 at 10:09 AM.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
    Not sure what's going on there ^^^ as the IFR and VE has always remained with the values I enter. (my IFR is entered as 62.04) which, also happens to extend the usable range of the spark timing tables (as in it's not running in the bottom row at base boost, there's enough range to decrease timing along with higher boost levels).

I'm not saying it's "useless" but it can certainly be worked around.
    OK, i dont know if I missed something there, but let me tell you what happened the last few days.

We were tuning the car by scaling the IFR vs pressure delta table, we did not even touch the VE table, until the car was running at around 11.5x under boost and left it that way.

Anyways, We got the original copy which we worked on, which has the IFR table scaled, and I got to read the SAME file from the ECM and they were different. The one we read from the ECU had one constant number for the whole table, but had all the changes automagically in the VE. If this sounds weird, I can post both files on Sunday.
    Last edited by ayousef; 10-23-2009 at 10:25 AM.

I think you may have been confused with what files you were using. For one you should be tuning the car with the VE table, not the IFR table.

Secondly, by making changes to the IFR table, it's not just going to re-set and automatically make changes to the VE table.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I think you may have been confused with what files you were using. For one you should be tuning the car with the VE table, not the IFR table.

Secondly, by making changes to the IFR table, it's not just going to re-set and automatically make changes to the VE table.
    Jim, trust me im just as confused as you are lol, but it did happen, and im not confusing between different files at all.

We were scaling, saving, dumping the file into the ecu, til we got a steady AFR. Later when we read the tune, IFR was at 7.3 throughout the range, with all changes onto the VE.

Again this sounds crazy, and yes we were not supposed to tune it like that, but this is what happened, does this 2.5bar OS have something that we dont know about?

FYI, to duplicate what I saw, youd have to have a scaled table (not constant), upload, probably start the car, read the file and compare with the one you uploaded.

not a tuner here, not even close YET but trust me on this one lol, maybe someone from HPT would like to comment on this.

I don't think anybody's doubting the ability to tune a car correctly by scaling... The point is that the 09 LS3 PCM doesn't have to be scaled, so you still retain resolution and it's just one less big step you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    Jim, trust me im just as confused as you are lol, but it did happen, and im not confusing between different files at all.

We were scaling, saving, dumping the file into the ecu, til we got a steady AFR. Later when we read the tune, IFR was at 7.3 throughout the range, with all changes onto the VE.

Again this sounds crazy, and yes we were not supposed to tune it like that, but this is what happened, does this 2.5bar OS have something that we dont know about?

FYI, to duplicate what I saw, youd have to have a scaled table (not constant), upload, probably start the car, read the file and compare with the one you uploaded.

not a tuner here, not even close YET but trust me on this one lol, maybe someone from HPT would like to comment on this.

I don't know what could be going on there but if your IFR is 7.3 I would say that is a problem. I have flashed 2.5 OS cars and re-read the file and they were exactly the same.

[email protected]

I don't think anybody's doubting the ability to tune a car correctly by scaling... The point is that the 09 LS3 PCM doesn't have to be scaled, so you still retain resolution and it's just one less big step you have to do.
    Yes I realize that thanks. To clarify, basically my post was joking around, saying I'd be happy to get the custom OS even without a doubled IFR table hence the ->

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know what could be going on there but if your IFR is 7.3 I would say that is a problem. I have flashed 2.5 OS cars and re-read the file and they were exactly the same.
    Jim, sorry to confuse you, thats in g/sec [metric default] unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    Jim, sorry to confuse you, thats in g/sec [metric default] unit.
    Ok, that makes more sense. I still believe there should be no way possible that changes to the IFR table should in any way be able to change the VE table.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, that makes more sense. I still believe there should be no way possible that changes to the IFR table should in any way be able to change the VE table.
    Jim, I asked someone from HPT to comment on this, let's get a definite answer, and ill actually try it again just to prove myself right , or wrong for that matter