Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The LNF Tuning Guide

35+ Maf and ~32 VE most of the pull. I also have expanded my Timing tables to fine tune the timing better during the hard spikes and still maintain aggressive timing during less of a load.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow... you didn't break into the 12's with a 114 trap????? Your track does suck! I am at 13.05@111.

My track is the pits man! There's no REAL race events there, its in the middle of a sod farm of all things lol. Im trying to get to Atco for this Domestic vs Import event. Also debating some DR's before then or still trying for 12's on the Coni's.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, 12's on the conti's is doable. My best time on the conti's was 13.081, and I am JUST tuned (motor mounts, sportlines, and dejon spring, but no other power mods). Of course, my track is usually pretty good.

What 60's??

Advanced Tuner
    2.1ish. My best was like a 2.095 or something like that. My PB of 13.05 was on a 2.15 60' though (on nitto NT05)

Im really considering grabbing some DR's for the SS 17's I have for Winter and hitting the track again before it closes.

I aquired the brakes off a normal Cobalt a couple weeks ago for 25 bucks in the pick-n-pull. Planning on swapping to them while I have the transmission out. Mee neeeed some sidewall action.

Advanced Tuner
    I have been considering the LSJ brake swap, but I am intending on circuit racing this car, and dragging it for fun when i can't make the curves happen. So the Brembos will be mandatory, lol. Been tossing around some 18" motorcycle slicks for the spare set of SS/sc wheels I have though...

Ahh hell, I open tracked a 1991 *Honda Accord* for years and never had issues on the gimpy discs they have Pads and a lot of fluid swapping were key. Same on my heavy piggie old '95 Mustang. I'm out of all that though now, so drag racing is about the only fun I can have anymore. I get in, get out and the wife doesnt bitch.

Potential Tuner

think im gonna go for it

i wasnt planning on doing this myself but after seeing this i think i can handle it if i do and adjust tables about the same as byt did maybe a bit diff but didnt mess with the "hardcore" tables what numbers do u guys think i can expect might need some help with the timing tables tho still running stock dp but am getting a hahn catless b4 i tune do u think i still should change the cat over temp lambda

Advanced Tuner
    You know... I started with HPT without knowing a damn thing about it. Talked to some cool cats over on css.net, got a base tune, started experimenting, and now I tuned my car VERY well.

I figured I would buy it, try it, and see where it went from there. I love it now. Good luck, if you have questions, just ask someone here, or start a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RED08SSTC View Post
    i wasnt planning on doing this myself but after seeing this i think i can handle it if i do and adjust tables about the same as byt did maybe a bit diff but didnt mess with the "hardcore" tables what numbers do u guys think i can expect might need some help with the timing tables tho still running stock dp but am getting a hahn catless b4 i tune do u think i still should change the cat over temp lambda
    The histograms in the software can be set up to help the problem areas in the timing tables. Not enough advance in some places and too much advance in others.

The COT should be disabled in your case once you get the DP. Being catless there is no reason to richen it way up during a long hard run. No cat to melt.

You should be able to see something in the order of 310 whp, 350 wtq I would think catless and a K&N drop in like we discussed before. Just guessing based on what has been posted around the 'net.

Welcome!
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    The histograms in the software can be set up to help the problem areas in the timing tables. Not enough advance in some places and too much advance in others.

The COT should be disabled in your case once you get the DP. Being catless there is no reason to richen it way up during a long hard run. No cat to melt.

You should be able to see something in the order of 310 whp, 350 wtq I would think catless and a K&N drop in like we discussed before. Just guessing based on what has been posted around the 'net.

Welcome!
    cool jus gotta get some doe together now

how can you read the factory wideband with the scanner?

It's WB Lambda B1 for the factory wideband. DL the cfg file I posted in the sticky repository top of this forum, it's in there.

Tuner in Training
    well i have no tuning experience but seem that i got a bad tune, dont have money to pay for a new tune, so im kinda SOL. found a vette guy that agreed to let me borrow his HPTuners, but am clueless as to what i need to do to start fixing the issues with my tune. was hoping i might be able to get some help on here? was talking to term2 but have no money to pay for another tune and i understand that people arent gona just give me a tune, so i figured since i had licensed the car already, might as well try to fix the tune myself if i get some help from you experienced tuners. by the way i drive a 08 cobalt ss/tc with hahn intake intercooler catless down pipe chargepipes and 3 in exhaust, after the tune i currently have i only put down 267whp n 345 wtq, wasnt happy at all considering people that are stock with a tune are dynoing high 290 or low 300. please somebody help, i have the tune file and some logs of the current tune.

Tuner in Training
    if you are able to help please contact me at 915-203-4531 or email me at [email protected], i really need this fixed asap

Follow the basics in this thread and you'll be good except the intake trims. You have an email.

Tuner in Training
    im a lil scared bout messing with the tuning but dont think it can get worse then what its at right now, from what term was telling me he said it was a horrible tune.