Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The LNF Tuning Guide

I think reducing it via the Duty Cycle correction table woud be a better choice than the MALT, but I haven't had a chance to look at your tune.

I reduced the DC Corr table to limit boost, you could cut it back more if needed. I ran these tables for a pretty flat 24 psi until the turbo got off it's curve. 3 bar sensors & stock base tune + 3 bar MAP sensor cals.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...37&postcount=6
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 07-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Thanks for the tip IB I’ll try it today.

Advanced Tuner
    I agree with IAB. Definitely doesn't hurt to ramp the MALT up to 100 and to manipulate the WG DC to curb the torque spike. Theory is to bring it on smooth so that you aren't hammering the trans. Works well with my stock clutch, so I can only imagine it would be as helpful with the auto tranny.

Just understand, if you decide to ramp the MALT, it's best to work the WG DC as well or you're going to have issues with boost fluctuating.

Here's a recent thread talking about how to ramp the MALT:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=32599&page=3

I will update it later today to include what I did with my latest tables, WG DC now inclulded.
    Last edited by T-Man; 07-15-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

im gettin KR up to about 3 and advance in the (-)

I used this tune at the track last night and ran 8.75 @ 80 and several 8.80s. After the tune the car spun of the line on ever pass because the track had no prep. I’m hoping to pick up some more today at the races (prepped track).
    Previous runs in similar hot weather netted 9.0-9.1 @ 77-78.
    The car is a 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe automatic and is factory stock except for the tune.
    I used information in this thread to make the tune then checked for KR. I’m sure more power can be had by working on fueling and timing up top. I believe it has all the torque management in place.
    Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    I used this tune at the track last night and ran 8.75 @ 80 and several 8.80s. After the tune the car spun of the line on ever pass because the track had no prep. I’m hoping to pick up some more today at the races (prepped track).
    Previous runs in similar hot weather netted 9.0-9.1 @ 77-78.
    The car is a 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe automatic and is factory stock except for the tune.
    I used information in this thread to make the tune then checked for KR. I’m sure more power can be had by working on fueling and timing up top. I believe it has all the torque management in place.
    Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread.
    I'd back the DALs down some, work on your WG DC and slowly feed her some timing. What kind of boost are you seeing? And is it steady or is it spiking and then dropping?
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

It was getting 21 lbs and slowly bleeding down to 18 just before the 6,000 RPM shift points. Then I brought the MALT up a little quicker and set the DCC back to 100 from 5-6000 RPMs and gained a little. I was only able to get on pass and forgot to start the scanner.
    Even thought that run showed a small improvement I figure holding the boost probably got worse.
    I’ve been looking at the screenshots you and BYT put up in your MALT Massaging Thread. I going to reduce the DAL table and adjust MALT to BYT’s settings from that thread and see if it helps. I will also work on WG DC and timing as you suggested next Friday at fun night.
    It’s running consistently now and I’m bracket racing tonight.
    As the tune progresses I will post it up with track results in hope of helping others and learning myself.
    Thanks for your input I truly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by white Z24 View Post
    im gettin KR up to about 3 and advance in the (-)
    the car runs really good on this tune but i know if i can get rid of the KR it would run even better

Ok, the tune posted above netted a best of 1.91 60’ and 8.65@80 in 85 degree humid weather. I was leaving at 2500 rpm and the DA was 2500’.
    This is the tune I’m going to use this week and I will be leaving at 2000rpm. I can power brake up to 3000 so these cars have high stall converters from the factory.
    I’m also including logs for the current tune and the stock tune. In the stock one disregard WB3 because it wasn’t being used.
    The current tune is from today and the DA is 3500’, it is 96 degrees and humid.

Last night the tune above (day 2 last tune) produced several 8.60 1/8 mile ETs with 1.93 60’ times leaving at 2500 rpms. The DA was 3400 and it was very hot and humid. I can’t wait to see how much it improves this fall when the DA will drops to 600.
    Transmission controls would be a big help because it’s shifting to 4th 30 feet before the finish line.

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone tell me what other tables affect your commanded AFR? I'm seeing it lean out a little up top and wondering if I need to add fuel or if there is another table coming into play here? I've got a couple spikes as low as .86 with .88 being commanded. Do we have to add fuel just on 93 octane?

The MAF tables being off will let it drift away from the commanded AFR. Also, if your Cat Temp is getting hot enough, and your COT table isn't adjusted, it will go rich.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    The MAF tables being off will let it drift away from the commanded AFR. Also, if your Cat Temp is getting hot enough, and your COT table isn't adjusted, it will go rich.
    OK thanks, that must be it. My COT table is slightly tweaked but I'm still on stock DP.

Tuner in Training

Idle Issue

I have a question for those of you more knowledgeable than I. I've been trying to get the idle dialed in and have been having something odd happen regardless of the changes I make.

Take a look at these logs (file name is the time stamp where the issue occurs) and let me know what you think.

I've disabled the Cat Warmup but it almost looks like it's not getting completely disabled unless I'm missing something. I have a high flow cat and Borg Warner turbo with electronic boost controller FWIW.

Tuner in Training
    I may have answered my own question. Looking at this thread it seems that I have to adjust the HOM high and low tables. Never thought about that part.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33878

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    can anyone explain what the tip-in load dampening enable/disable feature on the lnf does?
    or maybe all of those tip-in limiting adjustments under torque management?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    can anyone explain what the tip-in load dampening enable/disable feature on the lnf does?
    or maybe all of those tip-in limiting adjustments under torque management?
    They were originally thought to controll the 1 solid second lagit takes for the TB to open all the way when you hit the gas, but I dont think it has complete control over it. I have noticed it a couple times but if you roll into the throttle i never notice it.

One thing that i havnt seen since we had access to this table is the random throttle closing I sometimes see. I have only experienced it on my car though.. the car seems very consistant then out of no where only on third gear pulls the car would come alive like its never felt before for about 2000rpms, then with my foot still in it all the way the throttle just shuts completely for about half a second bpv goes off then it just rips back up again and pulls like normal. I havnt had it happpen since I disabled the tip in limiting. ?coincidence?
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 08-07-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    They were originally thought to controll the 1 solid second lagit takes for the TB to open all the way when you hit the gas, but I dont think it has complete control over it. I have noticed it a couple times but if you roll into the throttle i never notice it.

One thing that i havnt seen since we had access to this table is the random throttle closing I sometimes see. I have only experienced it on my car though.. the car seems very consistant then out of no where only on third gear pulls the car would come alive like its never felt before for about 2000rpms, then with my foot still in it all the way the throttle just shuts completely for about half a second bpv goes off then it just rips back up again and pulls like normal. I havnt had it happpen since I disabled the tip in limiting. ?coincidence?
    so like in my balt when i corner it shuts f in plate and keeps the boost and as soon as i exit and get the wheels back very close to straight she takes off like a missile. is that what this solves?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

so like in my balt when i corner it shuts f in plate and keeps the boost and as soon as i exit and get the wheels back very close to straight she takes off like a missile. is that what this solves?
    I dont get what your saying really, it was supposed to speed up throttle response basically
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

No, that's the ESC nanny that never sleeps, even when she says she is. Always one eye open ready to cut throttle.

I turned ESC off completely (or so she said) and could break them loose in third in the rain and every time she closed the throttle during my test. Off road of course.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel