Thread: Idle airflow ECT gain, messing with my head

Advanced Tuner

Idle airflow ECT gain, messing with my head

I just looked at a Hummer file and at idle, it seems the AFM is about 6-7 (if I recall), but the idle airflow multiplier vs ECT was at 0.2 in normal operating temps.

Do the math and that goes to:

LESS than 1.5 g/sec of idle airflow.

On the Z06s, the ECT multiplier goes to 1.000 at normal coolant operating temp, which makes all the sense, but 0.2 why?

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE

Advanced Tuner
    bump for gods sake :lol:

I also want to know the answer to this. I've seen this issue just between model years of vehicles.

Advanced Tuner
    ok it seems no one has an answer, maybe someone from HPT or the people who understand this and not simply guess (like me) >.<

Tuner in Training
    I had the same question a while back.

Can somone explain how the Base Running Airflow tables work on the e38. Most make sense to me, but the ECT Mult table number are making no sense. Is it a (base + base*mult) formula on that one. The numbers are all way less than .5, so it does not seem like a regular multiplyer to me.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    ok it seems no one has an answer, maybe someone from HPT or the people who understand this and not simply guess (like me) >.<
    The 2007 TBSS tune I'm working on uses idle ECT multipliers like 0.3xx. I looked a Corvette table and the numbers are 1.9 way cold and 1.0 at normal temps.

Please HPT explain how this table works!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
    Please HPT explain how this table works!
    Multiplier or adder?

Bit of thread mining, anyone out there have an answer to the question above...?
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

I have the same question by mine is .25 at normal coolant temps. Can this cause the AFR to go rich at idle in park or neutral?

why dont you guys post some files so we can compare

but if there is a problem in idle or something like that ,, post a scan

thanks

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Quote Originally Posted by emaxxer View Post
    I have the same question by mine is .25 at normal coolant temps. Can this cause the AFR to go rich at idle in park or neutral?
    It wont be a problem as long thats how your OS is supposed to be. After much research into it all I could come up with is that some OS have a different multipier equation than normal that isnt a direct "value x multipler" equation. It seems a few OS have the "Idle Airflow Mult vs ECT" table that looks like table A below, where as the rest are all normal looking multipliers like table B. All you can do is check a stock file that matches your OS to see what multiplier values you should have. Mine has the stange multiplier, it is a Jan 08 car but the later 08 cars have a normal multiplier.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.