Thread: '09 LS3 Procharged Corvette

Potential Tuner

'09 LS3 Procharged Corvette

I just dropped a procharger into my (otherwise stock) 09 vette, but I don't feel like pulling the PCM to send to Fastchip. Does anyone out there have a tune I can use, or can point me in the right direction for what to change on my own? I'm planning on getting it dyno tuned in the near future, but I'd sure like to be able to drive it until I can get into the shop... Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    step one, put in correct injector data. what injectors do you have?

Potential Tuner
    The kit came with FAST 50# injectors.

Edit: I believe they are rated at 58psi. The stock ones are 42# @ 58psi, if I remember correctly. Can I just scale the stock injector numbers up across the entire pressure differential table by 19%?

Please excuse my ignorance, I am a total noob at this... I looked around quite a bit, but couldn't find any good answers. I tried using various spreadsheets to do the calculations, but none of them seemed to come close to the stock numbers when I entered stock data, so I didn't want to trust them for the new injector data.
    Last edited by ThrasherC6; 10-03-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Giving more info

Advanced Tuner
    FOR THE LOVE OF SOCRATES, DONT USE THE PROCHARGER TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I promise you will not be happy. The c6 (LS2) we installed a procharger tune on didn't run. 10.5:1 afr at idle, would die everytime you hit the brakes.

after a pump gas (cali 91 octane) tune, we put down nearly 550 to the ground.

Advanced Tuner
    better off with the stock injectors, stock tune, and finding a good tuner, then put 60lbs injectors in.
    whats your location? 09's are super easy to tune

Potential Tuner
    I'm just outside of D.C.

Tex: There's no way I was going to use their canned tune. I've heard too many bad things about it... that's why I'm wondering just in general what they change to give myself a starting point.

So when I put the real IFR numbers in, it's amazing how well things came into line... now I'm trying to calibrate the MAF using the tips and tricks I've read elsewhere in this forum. It's coming along slowly. Right now I'm tuning the lower end (under PE threshold) by adjusting the MAF table based on LTFT, my wide band O2 shows up tomorrow.

Any idea how much spark advance I'll need to knock off, approximately? I'm seeing some 4-5* KR between 1k and 3k RPMs under moderate load. That seems high to me...