Thread: how to make cam lope go, is it because stock exhaust manifolds?

Advanced Tuner

how to make cam lope go, is it because stock exhaust manifolds?

The truck is a 6.0 denali, they just deleted cats and added a cam... no cam card but they say

218 at .050 and 114 LSA

The truck iddles at 700 rpm but there is some lope, the client wants it to be gone.... I think my tables are ok.
    there are some options , pelase hlep me decide:

1.drill the TB (suggest a drill size please)
    2. Adjust calibration ( my file is atached)
    3. Modify hardwate , add some performance muffler or a perfomance muffler and shorty headers.

Thanks for any help, sugestion or tip.

I don't have the answer to your problem, but definitely would not drill the TB

Advanced Tuner
    i couldnt open the file?
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Tuner in Training
    I think performance mufflers are going to accentuate the cam lope even more. If anything, raise the idle 100 RPM and see if it smooths out.

Senior Tuner
    Hope your not backed into a hole trying to make one picky person happy when they wanted the mods to start with.

Other than airflow table changes, I have noticed one additional thing that helps smooth out cam lope: Tweak low RPM areas of timing tables, set the minimum timing value in ANY cell in all timing tables to 8º or higher (just don't go not so high as to get KR although I have my high octane table lowest timing value set at 13º minimum). Mostly this works because the cam lope causes fluctuations the PCM doesn not know how to handle and causes timing to walk all over the place.
    Last edited by BBA; 10-05-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can also reduce your adaptive idle spark values from 0rpm up to around 150rpm so that the spark additions and subtractions are less, resulting in a smoother idle

You can go too far with this, as idle stability can be compromised. Just halve these values, blending in up to 150rpm and see how that goes

Advanced Tuner
    The truck is very slow out of the hole.. at 3k rpm it goes pretty hard

It starts a full throttle run at about 28 degrees... it need more??

by the way it shuts down when coasting form a hard run

thanks

try increasing ur idle airflows and test

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelc View Post
    The truck is very slow out of the hole.. at 3k rpm it goes pretty hard

It starts a full throttle run at about 28 degrees... it need more??

by the way it shuts down when coasting form a hard run

thanks
    The timing changes will make it jump out of the hole. Setting PE to 12.3 from idle up will make it pull as hard down low as it does up top.