Thread: F150 Torque Management

F150 Torque Management

I'd like to yank all the Torque Management on my 08 f150. Just wondering if setting the Master Field to Disable in Transmission->Torque Mngmnt and setting the Torque Module Switch to Disabled in Engine->Torque management is enough or is this the wrong way to go about this.

Senior Tuner
    It should be. However, try it and then log to see if any is being removed.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Question.... why do you want to remove all of it?
    Having fun!

Senior Tuner
    Ken, that's easy, if you don't want the pcm to inhibit power to the ground. Now, is this safe to do on the factory transmission? Not really, but so be it...
    Formerly known as RWTD

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Ken, that's easy, if you don't want the pcm to inhibit power to the ground. Now, is this safe to do on the factory transmission? Not really, but so be it...
    Hi James,

I wasn't asking you, or more accurately, it was meant as a "huh " question to the poster . And your reason is exactly why (in less words), the 4R7x needs some torque management, especially on the 4-2 (very, very important) and 3-2 shifts on the heavy F150s, and proper management can really increase tranny longevity while still allowing a great deal of power to be put to the pavement. Even with a built transmission not having at least some management is a bad idea.

Turning off all management is a band-aid fix... that actually doesn't fix anything! Better to spend the time getting the proper numbers in there rather than making the mistake of turning it all off. Turning off all torque management is what happens prior to taking his truck to a shop for tranny work and wondering why....

Again... my long winded explanation is addressed to the user, though it is nice seeing you here James.
    Last edited by ftsservice; 10-23-2009 at 02:32 PM.
    Having fun!

Senior Tuner
    DOH! I'm sorry, I wasn't looking/typing so fast I wasn't paying attention to your name. My apologies.

Nice seeing you, as well. Hope life is great!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Yeah life is good. Not in the business these days, doing a lot of tuning stuff as a hobby on a couple of force air vehicles (supercharged and turbo'd) that I own, plus friend's now and then. I've got my Roush F150 tune tweaked so many ways --- something one can do when they concentrate almost solely on their own vehicles.. Geeze, if you could see how many data logs I have from that truck! I run a DashDAQ with 2 wide bands on it so I'm constantly logging, tweaking, trying things out (especially with the transmission). Really hope to see HP address some of the desperately needed things for good Ford tuning like the returnless fuel pump stuff --- that's a show stopper for blowers. It will be a serious contender when the missing tables are done.

Running two full time businesses... something had to give. Funny thing was I wound down the automotive parts business in an orderly way over the course of a year selling down inventory and assets, made sure that there was another business who I could sent my old customers to. Breathed a sigh of relief knowing I could work normal 40-45 hour weeks again with only one business to mind and a year and a half later ended up selling the other business! So I've been spending my time ramping up 2 more businesses (for the first time in 12 years, not automotive related).

I hear you've built quite shop, good for you!
    Last edited by ftsservice; 10-23-2009 at 07:09 PM.
    Having fun!