Thread: slight throttle delay

Tuner in Training

slight throttle delay

Hi - I recently had a MAFless tune done on my LS3 and I have an slight but annoying flatspot on acceleration. Essentially it is a slight time delay from hitting the pedal to getting the response from the throttle. Are there any particular PIDs I can log to identify the problem?

thanks
    LS3 1984 VK Commodore + LS3 1967 Camaro (cam and ported heads)

Senior Tuner
    What year & vehicle?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    What year & vehicle?
    2008 Clubsport R8 (Commodore)

Senior Tuner
    What I found causes this is the transient fuel delay setting. Drop it to 10 reference pulses and it will have a very responsive throttle, although it will slightly negatively effect economy because you always change pedal position enough to trigger it.

The factory tune has a lag in transient fueling (equiv to accel pump response) and the factory tune also dumps too much fuel when it does enable, so I set the delay to 10 and halve the max transient fueling mass to eliminate the lean/rich under/overshoot.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    What I found causes this is the transient fuel delay setting. Drop it to 10 reference pulses and it will have a very responsive throttle, although it will slightly negatively effect economy because you always change pedal position enough to trigger it.

The factory tune has a lag in transient fueling (equiv to accel pump response) and the factory tune also dumps too much fuel when it does enable, so I set the delay to 10 and halve the max transient fueling mass to eliminate the lean/rich under/overshoot.
    thanks - will have a look at this