Thread: Question on writing a tune on a GEN 3.....

Question on writing a tune on a GEN 3.....

Do you have to do a write entire or can you just do a write calibration? I had heard from someone that on some vehicles you have to do a write entire and cant use a write CAL. The car is a 2000 Camaro SS. TIA
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

I have a 2000 SS and for all of my changes I used write calibration and it seems to have worked fine. From what I know the write entire erases all of the stored memory as well as updating the tables and settings and the write calibration just updates the tables and settings. Thats why when you do a write entire it takes a little while for it to learn the idle. Maybe some others can shed some more light on this.

Tuner in Training
    Unless changing operating sytem or vin etc it is preferred to write cal only. Ive written cal only in several vehicles with no issues
    Disclaimer:The above comments are my opinion only and should be checked or verified BEFORE any action is taken based on said advice.

It's some of the newer vehicles (E38 or something like that) like the TBSS that you have to do a write entire.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.