Thread: Local guys in fairfield county

Tuner in Training

Local guys in fairfield county

Anyone live in fairfield county that is a experienced tuner that could take a look at what I have going on. Cars been tuned by three seperate tuners and still has some issues. Each tuner fixes one problem and leaves me with another. Currrently the car has a 2 bar speed density tune. He got rid of the low rpm stumble when you tip in but now if you were to hit the gas quick in a gear car stumbles and then goes, the idle now surges up and down when sitting there. Those are the main two issues. Also his wideband on the dyno showed totally different AFR's that my wide band. Probably because he was running it in the tail pipe which I thought was a waste of time. Mines showing the car is much leaner now. Email me if you can help. I dont mind paying someone for a couple hours of there time just want the damn thing fixed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06z View Post
    Anyone live in fairfield county that is a experienced tuner that could take a look at what I have going on. Cars been tuned by three seperate tuners and still has some issues. Each tuner fixes one problem and leaves me with another. Currrently the car has a 2 bar speed density tune. He got rid of the low rpm stumble when you tip in but now if you were to hit the gas quick in a gear car stumbles and then goes, the idle now surges up and down when sitting there. Those are the main two issues. Also his wideband on the dyno showed totally different AFR's that my wide band. Probably because he was running it in the tail pipe which I thought was a waste of time. Mines showing the car is much leaner now. Email me if you can help. I dont mind paying someone for a couple hours of there time just want the damn thing fixed.
    Are we talking Fairfield County CT. ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
    Are we talking Fairfield County CT. ?
    What experience do you have with Ls7's? Seems even these other tuners who have LOTS still cant seem to get it right

Advanced Tuner
    What experience do you have with Ls7's? Seems even these other tuners who have LOTS still cant seem to get it right
    I guess we have to define LOTS of experience.

I started working on engines when I was 5 years old, started my first Mechanic job in 1980 at age 16.
    I was a GM Certified Master Technician for 3 years before opening this business in 1986.
    I have alway been the GM go to guy when there is a problem but also I am quite proficient with what ever comes in the Door.
    We do Nothing but Performance related work 50+ hours a week for the last 24 years.
    I have been tuning with HP tuners since it came out.

Your welcome to give me a call 203-753-7223 to discuss your problems.

Ted.

Potential Tuner
    I guess we have to define LOTS of experience.

I started working on engines when I was 5 years old, started my first Mechanic job in 1980 at age 16.
    I was a GM Certified Master Technician for 3 years before opening this business in 1986.
    I have alway been the GM go to guy when there is a problem but also I am quite proficient with what ever comes in the Door.
    We do Nothing but Performance related work 50+ hours a week for the last 24 years.
    I have been tuning with HP tuners since it came out.

Your welcome to give me a call 203-753-7223 to discuss your problems.

Ted.
    How much experience do you have tuning the new ecms? Any dyno results on a z06?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06c6ls7 View Post
    How much experience do you have tuning the new ecms? Any dyno results on a z06?
    Lots!

Dyno results are dependent on Parts installed.

If there is power to be found I find it quite easily.

Z06 suffers from torque managament more than lack of power.

I focus on Driveability and HP falls in to place.

You welcome to visit any time for a 10 penny tour, I think you will be pleasantly impressed.

Ted.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Ted,
    For 10 pennies can i get a tour too . I will be calling you very soon to get my gto on your dyno.
    To the op, I have never done any buisness personally with jennetty racing but can tell you that they have been an extremley reputable shop since he has opened. I have a few friends that have turbo diesel trucks that cant say enough good things about him.

Senior Tuner
    Guys, Ted has all the experience you need, and much more, to tune your vehicle(s), regardless if a GM Gen3 or Gen4, or any EFI equipped Ford. He and his company are great to deal with.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ct06gto View Post
    Hey Ted,
    For 10 pennies can i get a tour too . I will be calling you very soon to get my gto on your dyno.
    To the op, I have never done any buisness personally with jennetty racing but can tell you that they have been an extremley reputable shop since he has opened. I have a few friends that have turbo diesel trucks that cant say enough good things about him.
    Absolutely, Thank you for the referal.

Ted.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Guys, Ted has all the experience you need, and much more, to tune your vehicle(s), regardless if a GM Gen3 or Gen4, or any EFI equipped Ford. He and his company are great to deal with.
    Coming from you that is Serious compliment, Thank You.

Tuner in Training
    Lots!

Dyno results are dependent on Parts installed.

If there is power to be found I find it quite easily.

Z06 suffers from torque managament more than lack of power.

I focus on Driveability and HP falls in to place.

You welcome to visit any time for a 10 penny tour, I think you will be pleasantly impressed.

Ted.

Ted are you familiar with blue cat and the creating virtual Ve tables on the E38 computer for a SD tune?
    Last edited by 06z; 09-30-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ted are you familiar with blue cat and the creating virtual Ve tables on the E38 computer for a SD tune?
    I am familar with the software but have not used it yet, everything we have tuned including twin turbo apps have all been Maf tuned, and run extremely well, 740 RWHP is common.

There are 2 sides to this whole tuning thing those who use maf and those who don't, I don't believe that any way is better than the other at this point it is just opinion, I have not seen any real proof either way.

I for one have an open mind and always looking for the better mouse trap.

From a time to tune stand point Maf Tuning is 1/10 the time to solid results.

VE tuning takes more time than most customers are willing to pay for, so the market dictates what we do.

A Do it yourself tuner will Do VE tuning because he has unlimited time.

Ted.

Tuner in Training
    I am familar with the software but have not used it yet, everything we have tuned including twin turbo apps have all been Maf tuned, and run extremely well, 740 RWHP is common.

There are 2 sides to this whole tuning thing those who use maf and those who don't, I don't believe that any way is better than the other at this point it is just opinion, I have not seen any real proof either way.

I for one have an open mind and always looking for the better mouse trap.

From a time to tune stand point Maf Tuning is 1/10 the time to solid results.

VE tuning takes more time than most customers are willing to pay for, so the market dictates what we do.

A Do it yourself tuner will Do VE tuning because he has unlimited time.

Ted.

Thanks for your input . As you know opinions vary. The reason I asked is because I currently have my car tuned using Speed Density. It runs WAY smoother than my old maf tune. Just wondering if you had the experience with SD Tunes on hp to see if you could tweak a few things. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for your input . As you know opinions vary. The reason I asked is because I currently have my car tuned using Speed Density. It runs WAY smoother than my old maf tune. Just wondering if you had the experience with SD Tunes on hp to see if you could tweak a few things. Thanks
    I would be happy to help.

Tuner in Training
    I would be happy to help.
    I am confused. So you do do Speed Density Tunes on HP? If so how do you do it then without using BLue cat and having Virtual Ve Tables?

Advanced Tuner
    I am confused. So you do do Speed Density Tunes on HP? If so how do you do it then without using BLue cat and having Virtual Ve Tables?
    The old school way Histograms

I guess the point is I can handle any challenge.