Thread: Tuning an injector help...

Tuner in Training

Tuning an injector help...

Title should Read Tuning AND injector help...

I have a 99 Blazer w/ a 5.3L and a HP tuner... It also has a 67mm turbo on it.

I would like to run E85, and a wideband... ~400hp or so on 9psi.

I have spent the majority of the morning doing searches and reading a lot of variable information on many things that relate to what i am doing.

Some of the information has been good, others cloudy or impericaly tested...

If someone wouldn't mind giving me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it.

1) Fuel Injectors: I have been going round and round on injectors... Even so far as to send back a set of injectors I bought because I decided to run E85. I could run the Blue SVT Cobra injectors but have heard possitive and negative about them in tuning with the HPtuner while others say they made them work fine. Or... I could do as others stated and go with some custom FIC's...

I am curious about the EV plug designation... What is the early 80-90s Bosh plugs used in GM and Fords? What about the connectors on my 5.3L LS? Then again for my Ford V-10 injectors with the small square leads? USCAR?

I can use the factory LS leads or I do have a set of early leads to convert the harness... If the SVT injectors are the same as my LS truck leads that would be neat... I found the Inj. offset charts and info so thanks for that!

2) Instaling a wideband into the stock o2/ then tune OL seams like a neat and simple idea. I have read about PLX and AFX widebands... Didn't find much on these other than you guys say you have them... Where to get them would be nice... Are they the sensor only or are you needing there "boxes" as well? Thread links would be fine..

3) I've come accros a bit of info on the E85 conversions but nothing really exactly what I am looking for... mostly general info i already knew.

If I am missing something please feel free to slap me up...

I'm not looking for that "ragged edge tune", just want it to start, run, drive, and get decent (relative I know) mileage... Is that asking too much?
    Last edited by gtfoxy; 09-25-2009 at 02:36 PM.