Thread: Need help after M6 to A4 swap...

Need help after M6 to A4 swap...

'02 Camaro swapped from a M6 to a 4L80. Can't seem to figure out why the TCC unlocks when you decel.

For example I have the TCC lock at 55 mph and I'm steady at 15% TPS at 60mph and then let off gas to slow down, the TCC unlocks and as soon as I give it any TPS increase it will re-lock. I think it has something to do with the conversion and some wiring from the clutch pedal or something. Any help will be appreciated.

Thx,
    Joshua
    www.youtube.com/rmsman
    Ventura County area, CA

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS-Man View Post
    '02 Camaro swapped from a M6 to a 4L80. Can't seem to figure out why the TCC unlocks when you decel.

For example I have the TCC lock at 55 mph and I'm steady at 15% TPS at 60mph and then let off gas to slow down, the TCC unlocks and as soon as I give it any TPS increase it will re-lock. I think it has something to do with the conversion and some wiring from the clutch pedal or something. Any help will be appreciated.

Thx,
    Joshua
    Nope, thats what the 4L80E calibrations do.

Tuner in Training
    Yep, alot of truck guys complain about it. I don't think that there is a work around for it. It would be nice. I hate lifting off the throttle for a second and it unlocking. I don't think it hurts anything. It's just annoying.