Thread: tuning for supercharger pulley change

tuning for supercharger pulley change

my cousin is wanting to put a pulley on his 01 gtp. has all the support mods. hes going to a 3.4 pulley i believe. i dont know alot about forced induction, he wants me to tune it with hp tuners. ive done some basic tuning thats it.
    i know im supposed to look for knock retard when i scan it. youre supposed to change the high octane timing table to get rid of the knock retard, correct? if so how do i use the scan data to know how much to change the timing? is there anything else i need to tune?
    02 Z28 m6 tsp 233/239, longtubes, full boltons

http://www2.turbov6camaro.com:443/tune.htm

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/pcms-tu...-function.html

here are 2 places with lots of info on how to do it. your going to have to do alot of reading on the topic because these cars have a very limited amount of peramitures to play with. i would recommend the Maf tune first to get fueling right then work on the Timing.
    Last edited by awillis98; 09-23-2009 at 09:49 AM.

..."As I lay rubber down the street,
    I pray for traction I can keep,
    but if I spin and begin to slide,
    I pray dear Lord to protect my ride"! Amen.

thanks for that info

Advanced Tuner
    you say he has all the supporting mods - does he have headers? if not a 3.4 is tricky on ported stock manis or a plog

does he have rockers ? that would help a lot too

do you know how to copy with labels from your kr histo ( set on "+" or max kr value) and paste special subtract to the high octane table ? this will get rid of the kr but depending how much he is getting you may need to do much more and probably should otherwise it would just be a bandaid.

too much timing pulled will send exhaust gas temps through the roof

in a perfect world you want the smaller pulley along with plenty of timing , if you have to go down in the 14-15* range at wot with the timing to run the small pulley your better off going to a 3.5 or 3.6 pulley with more timing.

does he have a modular system ? (quick change pulley)

as for other things to change some basics would be removing some or all of his torque management in trans & engine tabs , possibly raising shift points allthough that may aggravate kr if he is short on mods or fuel supply , allowing downshift to 1st gear at a higher speed , removing speed limiter , changing fan settings if he has a colder thermostat which would be part of his supporting mods , shortening shift times to make shifts crisper or raising pressures to do the same

are you planning on doing an actual tune on the car ve & maf tune etc..? or just a few tweaks ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

either way if he changes 1 thing or 100 he's going to burn 2 credits at minume. unless he set it up to do like year make and model, and its the same car.

you should do the whole tune because you will really pick up a couple of tricks that won't hurt to know, and make $$$$$$ back on your Software cost.

..."As I lay rubber down the street,
    I pray for traction I can keep,
    but if I spin and begin to slide,
    I pray dear Lord to protect my ride"! Amen.

yeah ive removed most of the torque management on his car and i tuned the long term fuel trims. ive gone that far.
    he has all the mods needed. i dont think hes getting the quick change pulley, its the press on one.

Tuner
    Put it on a wideband, VE, MAF, Spark, tuning trims is not a good idea unless you're playing with the lower side of the maf table, even then, a wideband will do much better.
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe