Thread: Wiring the NGK AFX

Wiring the NGK AFX

I'm looking for a wiring diagram and the connector type to get the AFX connected to the HPT interface. Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    I am in the same predicament , searching & studying wtf to do to get my afx online on my 3800sc w body regal w/hpt pro

do you have pro or standard interface ? what vehicle are you trying to hook it up to ?

this looks helpful:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14424

and 3rd post in this thread by 12 sec ss looks like where you hook up the 2 wires that come taped to the outside of the wire loom on a pro:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16217

I upgraded to a pro so that I could move my wideband between my vehicles so i am hoping to find a way to wire into the fuse panel or something along those lines so it can quickly be moved to my other cars and my buddies ls1 f bodies & vettes so I can help them out

I will try to post more to your thread once I get all the pieces to the puzzle myself
    Last edited by murphinator; 09-21-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

I have the Pro interface. Car = 2007 C6 with limited modifications.

Any update to this? I have the HPTuners PRO and AFX w/ NTK sensor.
    • Tuned
    • 2K4 Z28
    • 2K4 Tahoe
    • 2K7 TBSS

Does nobody read instructions? The AFX is one of the easiest to set up.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    AFX Yellow wire goes to Pin 1 on HPT supplied (green) connector.
    AFX Brown wire goes to Pin 5 on HPT supplied (green) connector.

You don't need anything else besides a small (jewelers) flat screw driver. Like DSteck said ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS View Post
    AFX Yellow wire goes to Pin 1 on HPT supplied (green) connector.
    AFX Brown wire goes to Pin 5 on HPT supplied (green) connector.

You don't need anything else besides a small (jewelers) flat screw driver. Like DSteck said ...
    I know this is digging up an old thread but I got ?'s about wiring it up.

I think I have have everything down, but wanted to double check.

now I understand where there wires go to the hpt connector, but my yellow and brown one are connected into the plug for the ngk display. Do I disconnect them from that connector then run them into the htp connector...or do I splice into the analog wires? (do they need to say in that connector)
    And for the red and black wires...the red I could hook into one of the rear o2 sensor's power and ground, or would there be a more efficient way of supplying power and ground?

Thanks

Go buy battery clamps (like alligator clips). Clip red to battery positive, and black to battery negative. Now... Undo the tape wrapped around the harness and the yellow/brown wires. Next, smack yourself in the head. You'll see why that last step is necessary.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Go buy battery clamps (like alligator clips). Clip red to battery positive, and black to battery negative. Now... Undo the tape wrapped around the harness and the yellow/brown wires. Next, smack yourself in the head. You'll see why that last step is necessary.
    hah, i checked my email on my phone and read the last part...needless to say I didnt smack myself in the head, but after reading I thought to myself 'son of a .... " and felt like an idiot.

Glad you worded it like that....kind of priceless instead of just pointing it out, made me smile.

Lets see if this is simple....should have thought ahead last week installing my headers and looked for a spot while under the car. Where is the best place to run all the wires inside of the car?

Advanced Tuner
    Can someone point me in the right direction for proper PID setup for the AFX to read on the scanner?
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by TDCRacing View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction for proper PID setup for the AFX to read on the scanner?
    What PID's are you trying to set up that are not displayed in the scanner's table?

Advanced Tuner
    I was assuming I had I set up a pid for the afx wideband to read correctly?
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.