Thread: What is everyone seeing for start up idle air for a heads and cam LS2

What is everyone seeing for start up idle air for a heads and cam LS2

I am working on a friends 06 GTO with a 235/240 cam and TFS 225 heads. I have added quite a bit of air across the entire Starting airflow table but it just doesnt want to start without the pedal. I have tried playing with the cranking VE. Should I max this out to 100?? I have also played with the timing and that didnt help any either. I went as far as to try stock idle timing with no imporvement. I am going to recheck the mechanical side of the house this evening but I was curious how much idle air and RAF should I be needing with a heads and cam setup. TIA

-Joe
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

Does it have the right injector data?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

It does. All info for 42#ers.
    `
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

how much timing in the start up cells?

I figured it out last night. It was def mechanical. He didnt measure for the right push rod length and the valves were staying open just slightly. Cylinders 1 & 3 had no compression. I loosened the rockers and made them hand tight and, voila, I had compression. Im going to remove the rockers tonight and make sure there aren't any bent valves.
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131