Thread: New home computer same car - license prob

Tuner in Training

New home computer same car - license prob

Had to load my HP on a new computer, lost the disc so did it via the web. Hp seems to have loaded fine and the cable drivers seem to be fine as well. Had my new key emailed to me and installed it. Now when I plug the module into the car it tells me Im not licensed. I can view all of my license info , car vin, 2 bar map, 10 credits and I did a read of the vcm. Whats the real deal here?
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Did you ping your interface for your licenses?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Ping? As in to get my license info? If so yes...I have 6 credits, 2 bar map upgrade. I know pinging in the computer world as a way to check communications but if I can go read my current tune and save it seems to me its communicating. Did a search on Ping in your help section...no results
    Last edited by jmoody66; 09-21-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Demos:
    You can view online demo's of common VCM Suite tasks:

Installing-NEW!
    Running HPTuners installer-NEW!

Installing MPVI Drivers Windows Vista-NEW

Pinging your hardware also referred to as resyncing your licenses-NEW!

General

Saving a VCM Suite Info Log-NEW!

Tuner in Training
    Then yes I pinged it. I connect it and it continues to show disconnected.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Contact support with a clear pic of what you are seeing along with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question as I'm out of ideas as to what it could be then.

Tuner in Training

One step ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Contact support with a clear pic of what you are seeing along with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question as I'm out of ideas as to what it could be then.
    Thank you Bill. Fortunately I did that bright n early this morning so from what I understand it will be round 24 hours or so to get a response. Im in no rush.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I responded to your email at 12:07pm today so make sure to check your email.

same problem

i down loaded the editor software everything went smooth but when i try and ping it says it can't communicate as well. So i tried installing it in my home computer last night and it did the same thing.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LILFREDDIE View Post
    i down loaded the editor software everything went smooth but when i try and ping it says it can't communicate as well. So i tried installing it in my home computer last night and it did the same thing.
    Did you install the drivers?