Thread: Surging issue help with 05' Vette

Surging issue help with 05' Vette

I am fighting a surging issue with a 2005 Corvette. This car was surging since it was put together with the 416 and TTI twin turbo kit with 60's. The cam is a 236/232 in a 116LSA and compression is 9:1. After it ran on a maf tune for a while from a previous tuner I tuned the car on a 2 bar SD via HPT. Since the 2 bar we've set the boost controler to 12psi, 15psi, and 19psi. The car has Motron 60's (tall). The car has meth that if I recall comes in around 7psi or so and a secondary fuel pump that comes in at 2psi and raises fuel pressure to 62psi. We've made 824 on boost alone and 943 on nitrous through a 4L65E with an unlocked 3400 stall. The car is driven a few times a week or more and probably gets 10,000 miles a year. I'm digging for the file right now and will post that in a minute.

On a side note I recently fixed an annoying P621 code the car was setting by removing the TR9 (installed when I put on the nitrous) plugs and putting back in TR6's. It turns out that TR7's and up are non-resistor plugs and will cause problems in 05'-08' Corvette's. Certainly will on a 2005.

Here is the file. The surging is only at an idle and seems to go away by 142-146 degrees F.
    Last edited by zippy performance; 09-17-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Did you use the proper injector calibration data for the Siemens 60s?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I use to have the same problem with my one 2006 F1-C blower in one off my friend car after poting the right calibration data and paly little with the idel flow the surging issue goan .
    Get greg DVD it will tell you how to do it .

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Did you use the proper injector calibration data for the Siemens 60s?
    Yep, right from the spreadsheet with the exception of the flow rate which I feel is the biggest problem. (I finally got my Greg Banish DVD) This pcm will only allow an injector flow rate number of up to 63.5. I just put this info in there a couple days ago and it helped quite a bit. Now the problem is way less noticable and is completely gone on hot restarts. I suspect the problem is from the cam size with low compression and not being able to enter in a correct injector flow rate. I've tuned cars with these injectors with the 63.5# injector table limitation and it's never really a problem unless they have a cam with over 230 duration. I'm up for idea's though. Thanks ahead of time guys.

Senior Tuner
    Okay, I need to help you scale down all the parameters referenced by airflow/torque so that we can get you around that 63.5# issue, PLUS get double the MAF airflow range. Shoot me a PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I'll shoot you a pm later tonight. I've considered altering the value's to fix the injector size issue the best I can. The maf on this car is only there for the IAT, other than that it's useless.