Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tuning school Releases 6-Speed Tuning Guide

The Tuning school Releases 6-Speed Tuning Guide

6-Speed Automatic Transmission Tuning Guide

The Tuning School's 6-Speed Automatic Transmission Tuning Guide will give you the transmission performance you always wanted it to be, with an easy step-by-step method you can follow. You can make the transmission shift on time, and as firm as you want - the difference is night and day!

Several students have already seen improved performance from following these easy steps. One student with a 2009 G8 GT saw a 0.3 second ET improvement with these changes. A customer commented on experiencing tire-barking improvements that they never thought possible. This tuning guide has been crafted through months of research and thousands of development miles on our test vehicles, a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette with the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission and a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission.

This 20 page guide includes step-by-step instructions with full color photos from HP Tuners VCM Editor screen shots.

Please note that if you have purchased or plan on purchasing The Tuning School Advanced Guide to Tuning GM Vehicles with HP Tuners Software, this material is included with that guide.

Price: $79

Please Visit our web site to purchase.

http://thetuningschool.com/courses.html
    Last edited by madvette08; 09-30-2009 at 10:15 AM.
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Tuner in Training
    What is the lead time on this. I still have not recieved a date for the advance course.

Tuner
    What's the price on "The Tuning School Advanced Guide to Tuning GM Vehicles with HP Tuners Software"?

2009 G8 GT - White Hot

226/234 601/601 112+4, Yank SS 3600, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow exhaust, Rotofab, 3.91 Rear

Quote Originally Posted by Allmachtige View Post
    What's the price on "The Tuning School Advanced Guide to Tuning GM Vehicles with HP Tuners Software"?
    Advance course is $459 if you pre order now $499 regular price. If your a beginners student price is $429.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

Advanced Tuner
    does this guide include stall converter tuning or just stock converters?
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Advance course is $459 if you pre order now $499 regular price. If your a beginners student price is $429.

Ian
    When will said course ship?
    Ted/SkullV
    2005 Redline CTS-V

Tuner
    I can't even get you guys to e-mail me back, so I just ordered Banish's DVD and will probably take his course in person.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    does this guide include stall converter tuning or just stock converters?
    The guide does include tuning for stock and aftermarket converters.

Ian

Advanced Tuner
    The guide does include tuning for stock and aftermarket converters.

Ian
    thanks, i think i will pick it up.

also can you answer a question, when data logging all the pcs solenoids, no matter what you have the pressure tables set at the scanner only shows 109.9psi max.
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Quote Originally Posted by GregRexAdams View Post
    I can't even get you guys to e-mail me back, so I just ordered Banish's DVD and will probably take his course in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregRexAdams
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08
    Greg,

Who did you send the e-mail to?

Ian
    [email protected]

I've sent several e-mails. I never recieved the extra material released after I bought the basic course, and while when I went to purchase it communication was great, since it's been...nearly non-existent.
    [email protected] is not the correct email or part of the tuning school. if would have send it to the right email we would have been glad to have taken care of you.

If you need updates or support for the learn at home courses please send e-mails to [email protected] or [email protected]. All updates are free to learn at home customers.

Ian

Tuner
    [email protected] is not the correct email or part of the tuning school. if would have send it to the right email we would have been glad to have taken care of you.

If you need updates or support for the learn at home courses please send e-mails to [email protected] or [email protected]. All updates are free to learn at home customers.

Ian
    Haha. Then it would have been awful nice if whoever was at the end of the e-mail when I sent it to the "wrong" addy would have told me that...months ago, since I know that was a working e-mail since it was replied to when I wanted to order.

I'll shoot an e-mail to that address.

Well i just ordered mine so i hope it doesnt take to long to get to me is Aus.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Thanks for all the orders!!!

Ian

Would be good if the manual informed the student about the theory behind the changes instead of just telling you what to do. That way people could play around a bit more with confidence as they understand what their changes will affect and why...

Just a thought

Advanced Tuner
    Thats what this forum is for.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Senior Tuner

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bluessv View Post
    Would be good if the manual informed the student about the theory behind the changes instead of just telling you what to do. That way people could play around a bit more with confidence as they understand what their changes will affect and why...

Just a thought
    Just ask here if you picked up the simple $79 version...OR if you purchased the beginner/advanced coarse learn @ home system you can get 1yr of FREE phone, email, and forum support with special log in/password to ask questions openly in their private forum. Only those who purchase the learn at home coarses or attend an in person class get the later benefits by the way. Hence the additional cost or future support beyond the book or in person class.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    Just ask here if you picked up the simple $79 version...OR if you purchased the beginner/advanced coarse learn @ home system you can get 1yr of FREE phone, email, and forum support with special log in/password to ask questions openly in their private forum. Only those who purchase the learn at home coarses or attend an in person class get the later benefits by the way. Hence the additional cost or future support beyond the book or in person class.
    Exactly! I've worried the hell out of Ian. He's helped me a lot though.

I like this idea, I wish you guys could do more programs like this on idividual topics like tunning injectors, maf tunning, or other seperate topics.

Advanced Tuner
    They do have a program that teaches VE and MAF tuning.

i just ordered the transmission tuning guide.... so far im not as impressed as i should be.. but i will give them the benefit of the doubt.... I have not put it on a race track to prove anything.. therefore i wont say its a bad thing.. The shifts are clean, quick.. and feel good.BUT i don't get the "tire barking" affect that was said in the top post.. However i have one done what was said on the tuneing guide, i haven't started bringing the shift pressures over the "recomended 15psi" .So we will see with a bit of work and ill reply again....

09 GMC Sierra 6.2l l92 6l80e....