Thread: MAF screens with supercharger

MAF screens with supercharger

hi guys

i have 2007 envoy denali 5.3L , i installed p1sc1 with 10 psi ,before that long ago i removed the MAF screens and if you look to the dyno log at the top rpms its acts crazy , some told me even if i reinstall the screens it will act the same , do you guys running supercharger with out screens or i should put it back ,,

here is the LOG

thanks in advance
    P1-SC1 505HP @ 13 psi,dual interceptor guages(AFR-B/V-FP-T/T),dewitts C5 efans(pcmforless harness,pcmforless tans cooler,ARH headers,alchol injection system,battery cable upgrade,cutout,90mm TB TUNED BY DASHTI

Quote Originally Posted by ltdakheel View Post
    hi guys

i have 2007 envoy denali 5.3L , i installed p1sc1 with 10 psi ,before that long ago i removed the MAF screens and if you look to the dyno log at the top rpms its acts crazy , some told me even if i reinstall the screens it will act the same , do you guys running supercharger with out screens or i should put it back ,,

here is the LOG

thanks in advance
    well most cars i have tuned with blowers or turbos i removed the screen, if your A/F is fixed and fine dont worry about it and from your log i dont see any problems at all.you just need to tweak your LTFT back to 5+ or -5 and you are good to go.the timing curve seems smooth and perfect commanded PE is also straight and set all the way to 12.0 this means the tuner didnt rape the PE table like other begginer guys do to adjust the A/F, and he worked every thing with MAF to adjust the A/F .good tune.
    Last edited by Street Legal; 09-11-2009 at 09:16 AM.

thanks alot i really needed this reply

with 5 psi i was 353 hp and 354 TQ i have short headers , and stock cat back ,
    now increased to 10 psi and long tube headers and methanol injection , i hope to reach 420 WHP

what do you think??
    P1-SC1 505HP @ 13 psi,dual interceptor guages(AFR-B/V-FP-T/T),dewitts C5 efans(pcmforless harness,pcmforless tans cooler,ARH headers,alchol injection system,battery cable upgrade,cutout,90mm TB TUNED BY DASHTI

Senior Tuner
    FYI, I know for a fact that the screen is NOT restriction at 450 rwhp Actual. I belive at 500+ it starts to become such.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

if it's off just keep it as it is and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Legal View Post
    if it's off just keep it as it is and you are good to go.
    explain plz

Quote Originally Posted by ltdakheel View Post
    explain plz
    you don't have to put the MAF's screen back

thanks