Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on Greg's inj info....dont worry I bought the DVD

Advanced Tuner
    Greg or James

When you are scaled 50% and get a MAF afr err of lets say -3%, do PASTE SPECIAL multiply by half or the whole % error?

When using scaled injector/MAF/volume calibrations, you should still be able to make 3% change to the scaled values based on a 3% lambda error. That's the beauty of doing the math correctly with units of lambda (relative richness) and grams (whether they're scaled or not).

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    When using scaled injector/MAF/volume calibrations, you should still be able to make 3% change to the scaled values based on a 3% lambda error. That's the beauty of doing the math correctly with units of lambda (relative richness) and grams (whether they're scaled or not).

Lambda tuning from now on.

Advanced Tuner
    It's not a question of reducing the sensitivity, but rather just realigning the same sensitivity values with new g/cyl axis breakpoints that correlate with the new scaled airmass.

However, in practice this hasn't been a huge issue for knock. If you've done the base fuel and spark calibration properly, there's almost no knock to worry about correcting in the first place. "Mr. Miyagi say: best block, no be there."
    Greg, the reason i asked this is because I am getting a lot of KR while slowly accelerating, not yet under WOT. Then While accelerating in 3rd i get nothing, but in 4th it gets really bad. Even when i let off, i get like 4-5 deg. I have scaled all the known areas, MAF, IFR, Hi Octane and low, and basically all tabs with g/s. I dont have an aggressive timing table and PE is around 12.7-12.5.
    Sleeved LS7, 440 CI, with a big cam with a FAST intake running 60lbs siemens scaled 50%.

"Mr. Miyagi say: best block, no be there."