Thread: Injector Help

Injector Help

I am tuning my first Cobalt SS this week, and the kid brought me a set of 60# injectors made by EDGE Products. They are Siemens body, but since the have the Edge logo I am thinking that the injector data will be diffrent than the ones in Greg's DVD. Has anyone had any luck with these Injectors..P/N is M000200. Any help would be appreciated.

I did tons more digging, and it looks like the injector data for the 60's is correct, as far as I can tell, but they are at 58 psi in the spreadsheet and the Cobalt runs about 63 psi. I was going to use the injector calculator to get close and scale for the injectors, as it looks like I need about 72 lbs/min to be close to correct. Does anyone know does the pressure just affect they flow rate? Can I use the other parameters in Greg's spreadsheet at the higher fuel pressure? Any help is appreciated.

Edit* Am I correct in thinking that the Seimens 60's are flowed at 43.5 psi?
    Last edited by JoeyJoeJoe; 09-09-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: New Question

The Cobalt runs 58psi just like all the other returnless GM fuel systems. Not sure where 63 came from.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_blink View Post
    The Cobalt runs 58psi just like all the other returnless GM fuel systems. Not sure where 63 came from.
    I couldn't find an actual fuel pressure spec for this car, so I put a gauge on it and it read 63. I will try to recheck it tomorrow with a different gauge.

Where did you test pressure at? There's no way to test it in the rail without drilling a hole in the fuel rail and taping it for a gauge fitting. If you read it at the FTP on the line coming into the rail then you are not reading actual rail pressure.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

I was testing it at the test port. I set it according to Greg's DVD and it started up and ran no problems with the new injectors. I didn't get a chance to drive it, but will tomorrow.