Thread: Can't get rid of Knock retard HELP PLEASE!

Can't get rid of Knock retard HELP PLEASE!

Is there anything else besides spark that would cause Knock? I've been trying for the last few days to get rid of knock retard in my cammed G8 GT and simply can't get rid of it. It's never a lot, most of the time under 1 degree, but is constantly there under light driving conditions more so than WOT but still some at WOT. I tried pulling timing and but the amount of timing I had to pull to get rid of the knock was ridiculous. I removed 2 degrees from the whole table and still got the same amount of knock. My tuner de-sensitized the knock sensors a bit and that fixed the problem for a day. I removed 6 degrees out of the whole table and that got rid of the knock. Only problem is now there is LESS timing than the stock 87 octane tune!!! Why in the hell did I have to remove so much timing to get rid of knock? Is there something else causing this besides spark?

I'm sure it's not the quality of gas, this was happening through several different tanks of 93 octane gas.

Advanced Tuner
    You should post your scan and hpt file so someone can look at it. Is the knock coming on accel or decel? Running to rich or lean can cause knock too.

Quote Originally Posted by ct06gto View Post
    You should post your scan and hpt file so someone can look at it. Is the knock coming on accel or decel? Running to rich or lean can cause knock too.
    from accel and seems to be more evident in light accel.

Here's a log

Are you running open loop sd without a wideband?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune, too.