Thread: Questions for Greg/ EFICALIBRATOR about the tuning disc for current owners.

Questions for Greg/ EFICALIBRATOR about the tuning disc for current owners.

Just thought we could ask Greg some questions in this post so its in one place.
    Rather than pming him and then he will only have to answer them once. They could even maybe make this a sticky.

First question.
    I can't seem to get my data disc to load up.Is it a dud? I dont have microsoft office on my home pc. I got this freeware open office but again can't seem to even get the data disc to load into it. Something I am doing wrong. I put the data disc into my drive and nothing seems to happen. Haven't tried it on my laptop yet.

Next min pulsewidth is listed. Do I set default pulsewidth the same as the listed minimum pulsewidth? my car has default and minimum.

Next question. Heard that if I have a boost referenced fuel regulator that use same values across the voltage offset table just like in the ifr table.
    My car is 99 trans am with 2002 OS.

Another question..in the dvd you said it would help driveabilty to dial in the ve tables at the ranges where you are crusing around and think idling. But if the car is in closed loop and within the range of the engine to self adjust how can it make a difference? I can see spark making a difference to say surging problem but how can fueling if the engine is in closed loop and compensating?

Also anyway you could show short video with normal wideband or yours set to normal afr instead of lambda and how you do the corrections. Realize its similar but most of us don' have a lamba wideband.

Will likely have some more questions will mark them down and post them after going thru the dvd again .
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    Just thought we could ask Greg some questions in this post so its in one place.
    Rather than pming him and then he will only have to answer them once. They could even maybe make this a sticky.

First question.
    I can't seem to get my data disc to load up.Is it a dud? I dont have microsoft office on my home pc. I got this freeware open office but again can't seem to even get the data disc to load into it. Something I am doing wrong. I put the data disc into my drive and nothing seems to happen. Haven't tried it on my laptop yet.

Next min pulsewidth is listed. Do I set default pulsewidth the same as the listed minimum pulsewidth? my car has default and minimum.

Next question. Heard that if I have a boost referenced fuel regulator that use same values across the voltage offset table just like in the ifr table.

Another question..in the dvd you said it would help driveabilty to dial in the ve tables at the ranges where you are crusing around and think idling. But if the car is in closed loop and within the range of the engine to self adjust how can it make a difference? I can see spark making a difference to say surging problem but how can fueling if the engine is in closed loop and compensating?

Also anyway you could show short video with normal wideband or yours set to normal afr instead of lambda and how you do the corrections. Realize its similar but most of us don' have a lamba wideband.

Will likely have some more questions will mark them down and post them after going thru the dvd again .
    Its saved in microsoft format. If you have open office,click my computer, e drive or whatever drive your cd is, right click on file, choose open with, choose default program, scalc.exe

Weird my computer lost both drives thru some glitch right when was trying to view the injector data. Keep showing these yellow i symbols and acted like the drives weren't there.
    Figured it was hardward but then did websearch and got this little program to run that fixed the problem instantly. Wierd stuff.

So now looked at the data again. So not sure i can paste it directly from open office.
    On open it gives only offset in 10s not 5s like my car. For now took first and last and interpolated in between. Will shortly take 2 rows at time and interpolate.
    For small pulse think did it somewhat how he said but I figured out the numbers by hand back to zero from the 42 point since it was degreasing by fixed amount. I still was getting different values when entered the given ones. The program put in different values so hoping that is good enough.

Car seems to be running not too bad.

Also injector IFR settings are a bit confusing.
    So we can still set it for 58psi stock pressure. What about 43.5 or other value even lower or even higher. Those charts are a bit confusing as well.
    Many of us will have to run say 80s at higher pressure so will the offsets change depending on pressure? Hope not. Also likley be past the 80s in my car at some point.
    Guess be on my own again when tuning say 120 low impedence or maybe they are a lot less fuzzy to get running right. 80s are a bit too small still and would mabye have to up my fuel pressure past 58 and not sure want to. Heard the pumps may not flow as well up there and better to run bigger injector like 120s at lower pressure.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection

Weird my computer lost both drives thru some glitch right when was trying to view the injector data. Keep showing these yellow i symbols and acted like the drives weren't there.
    Figured it was hardward but then did websearch and got this little program to run that fixed the problem instantly. Wierd stuff.

So now looked at the data again. So not sure i can paste it directly from open office.
    On open it gives only offset in 10s not 5s like my car. For now took first and last and interpolated in between. Will shortly take 2 rows at time and interpolate.
    For small pulse think did it somewhat how he said but I figured out the numbers by hand back to zero from the 42 point since it was degreasing by fixed amount. I still was getting different values when entered the given ones. The program put in different values so hoping that is good enough.
    My disc had the voltage offset in 5s so I guess you got the older disc. Did you make sure the labels along the x axis are correct because I had to scroll to the right to get to the table in 5s. He did say on the DVD that if yours is in 10s, copy every column in and then interpolate between each of them.
    On the pulse adder, the computer will round the data when you enter it in so that is normal. You should end up with stairsteps in the chart view because of this. I put the min pulse value into the default pulse table too. Even though he didn't, most of the tuners on this board say to.
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC

I would have thought would have had newer disc since just got it lately. But no big deal interpolating the offsets between is simple will do that as said shortly.

I was just thinking, maybe only some of the injectors have data in increments of 5. I was thinking for some reason that you had 42lb fords like me but you don't. I don't have my disc on me so I can't check
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC

Senior Tuner
    Yes.

Yes, and we already explained this in another thread.

Also injector IFR settings are a bit confusing.
    So we can still set it for 58psi stock pressure. What about 43.5 or other value even lower or even higher. Those charts are a bit confusing as well.
    Greg's data is ONLY proper for 58 psi base pressure (vacuum line OFF when setting, then replace vacuum line).

Many of us will have to run say 80s at higher pressure so will the offsets change depending on pressure? Hope not. Also likley be past the 80s in my car at some point.
    Why will you need to run 80s at higher pressure? They flow basically 90 #/hr at 58 psi, and that is good to at least 1000 rwhp Actual. Do you expect to make this or more?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

A few answers in bold below

I do.

Trims move slowly. Additionally, in order to have transitional fueling correct, the base airflow description needs to be correct.

Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

I thought Ford testing on the data disc is 43.5 or three bar. So Greg did his own at 58psi?

I crunched some numbers on rc website and not sure you can get 80s to do 1000rwhp on an fi build at 58psi. Not sure how high you can push the duty cycle on siemens 80s.
    My wet nitrous don't take up any injector so by running more spray and less boost can get by with smaller injectors but boost is free and nitrous costs money so would usually be running more boost and that does take more injector.

If the siemens are stable to 90 or 100% duty cylce for brief periods of time then no problem. I have some low impedence 120 still that could run but of course no actual injector data like have for the 60s and 80s for them.

At this time no don't plan to go past 1000rwhp max on boost but more likely that would be combo of boost and spray like 850rwhp on boost 150 on spray. But like to have some headroom.

Can you link tot he thread talking about offsets and boost referenced reg.