Thread: afr question

afr question

from what i understand on ls1 cars, 880 or so counts on o2 signal is around 12.9-13.0 af. is this correct and is this correct with fords as well?

well never mid im putting it on a dyno with af. what do people recomend my timing should be at for a 150 wet shot?

Senior Tuner
    NO! Never ever go by O2 voltages for AFR. It's 100% inaccurate, even on the GM vehicles.

Thank you for actually doing the right thing and going with true wideband data.

As for timing, you will want to remove 1 degree per 25, AND add +1 on the end. So a 150 shot would be 6 degrees + 1 removed (so a total of 7 removed) in the areas of Load/RPM the pcm sees when the nitrous engages (I usually remove spark from 1 or 2 Load lines below what is actually seen, just to be safe).

Now, if you're spraying a wet shot from the stock rails, BEWARE! You'll confuse the hell out of the FRPS when the nitrous system temporarily sucks the one rail dry to feed the nozzle, which will result in a lean condition on initial hit. I wouldn't spray over a 75 wet shot on a setup like this. The only way I'd spray more is if I had a standalone system, or T'ed in for my nitrous before the fuel rails.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

well i dynoed it. with the 5mm bigger mass air, i started by multiplying maf voltage by 30%. it read crazy lean until 5k then it came to 13.0 till 6200. but car pulled great and made 296 and 313 with intake and exhaust and 4.10. well i added another 10% to lower part of maf and it bogged and black smoked. af still showed 15.5. so i threw the other tune back in. my timing is all over the place. from 3k its at 32* and then it ramps down to 22-25. different on each pass. ran out of time and was pretty ticked off aboutt afr and other stuff so i called it a day. i did play with cam timing i little in those passes. hp was peaking at 5300 and dropping to 280 by 6200. i changed bottom right of table like anther thread said and now it makes 295-298hp from 5100-6100 rpm. im hopefully going back today and using another form of afr. i know my maf is close. fuel trim is around-4 at some parts but i heard that wasnt bad. i am going to put all stock timing tables back in and see where i get. my timing does nothing i tell it to.

Senior Tuner
    You need to post your current tune and your factory tune, do that we can help you going in the right direction.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

as soon as my buddy gets up i will post it. i dont have a stock tune anymore =( i love using other peoples computer..

he said he posted my tune in the repository. it should say my name(jonathan) but i dont know how long it will take to be up. i dont understand why he couldnt take 2 minutes to post it on here.