Thread: Experienced tuners please have a look

Tuner

Experienced tuners please have a look

Hi guys, I've been tuning on this thing for a while now. Do a mod, tweak the tune. When I started I didn't know jack. Definitely learning as I go. As I learn I get a little more nervous about what I've done over time. I'm saving for Gregs training, and reading a lot, but wondering if I'm on track or if I'd be better off backing up and starting over.The only quirks(I think) I currently have are 1.slight hanging idle(only occasionally) 2.Hot restarts, elevated idle(again only occasionally) 3. weird idle w/ ac. I plan on using RussK's idle info tomorrow. I've attached a couple scans of normal driving and current tune. Any comments or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Donnie
    02 35thSS,A4>M6, 3.73 gear, PRC stg 2.5 5.3L heads,TS torquer v2 cam 232/234 .595/.598 112LSA,CAI,36lb injectors, shorty headers, gutted cats, racetronix pump w/ hotwire, HP Tuners,NGK WB through EGR, Bunch of UMI and Spohn susp. parts. All work done by me, and tuned with the help of some great people on this forum!

Definitely use the Idle config. Get your IAC counts ~ 60, copy and paste the running airflow into your Base running airflow table in the idle tab. Not starting on hot starts, I raise startup and friction airflow values a few percent at a time until it works. Don't dial in the VE until the car is at operating temps. If it's lean on a cold start after the decay times out then try the OLFA table.
    Hanging idle after bumping the gas will usually require the throttle cracker and follower values to be adjusted, but if your running air flow table is too high, it can cause this as well. Have you set your throttle blade up and done an idle re-learn?
    Last edited by blownbluez06; 09-02-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner
    Thanks blownblue
    02 35thSS,A4>M6, 3.73 gear, PRC stg 2.5 5.3L heads,TS torquer v2 cam 232/234 .595/.598 112LSA,CAI,36lb injectors, shorty headers, gutted cats, racetronix pump w/ hotwire, HP Tuners,NGK WB through EGR, Bunch of UMI and Spohn susp. parts. All work done by me, and tuned with the help of some great people on this forum!

Tuner
    Should I start over, or am I in the neighborhood?