Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell Chris@HPT what's missing for LNF

Tuner

Tell Chris@HPT what's missing for LNF

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    FWIW, i spent the whole weekend so far working thru this stuff and i'm confident i have located the bulk of the boost control and BOV control code. Things are happening, as i said #3 priority, and generally these projects are done in parallel.

Also, Ford scanner dev is 99% done so you guys are almost up to #2 already...

What i could use from you guys is as much detail as you can on anything else that needs to be addressed that you know of. I already mentioned the boost control & BOV stuff (doesn't look like much to control on the BOV) but now is the time to let me know of any other issues. Some have mentioned torque management but i'm not sure if this is just overboost limiting or some other form of torque management.

Please make a new thread with a list of known issues decribed as best you can at least then we can tick them off one by one.

Don't give up on us yet...
    My suggestion = access to the table that sets Launch Control RPM (so we don't have to use the neutral rev limiter).
    2013 Mustang GT

Potential Tuner
    Fuel Pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    That's what the requests section is for, and fuel pressure/tps delay and such is already there.
    Launch control is nice, but not a necessity, i would prefer the important stuff done first.

Advanced Tuner
    I think there needs to be MAP sensor control so we can scale the MAP sensors like Trifecta does.

I'm ignorant as to how to do it not knowing the tables involved, but if we could eliminate the cat warmup mode via tables, those of us running intakes & catless could eliminate the cold start surging @ idle.

Scaling MAP sensors would be a priority over this though.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    map sensor doesnt need scaling the computer has the ability to read 512kpa you gust need the correct ramp sensor that can go high enough
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    So, what you are saying is, if we get the stage kit sensor, the computer would read it straight out of the box?

Advanced Tuner
    I would rather not have to buy the stage kit stuff, thats the main reasoning I bought hp tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    That's what the requests section is for, and fuel pressure/tps delay and such is already there.
    Launch control is nice, but not a necessity, i would prefer the important stuff done first.
    When did we get fuel pressure control????

no fuel controll yet, and no stage kits has a diffferent scaling that the factory rate which is y they flash the ecm along with other updates but still a little research to find a sensor that is on the same scale as our factory 2.5bar and has the ability to cap out at 3.5 bar then you dont need to scale. y scale when there is most likely a sensor out there that has the same scale with a higher cap thats all im saying.

Advanced Tuner
    I get what you mean...

I want fan control too... should be an easy crack... right?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    find a sensor that is on the same scale as our factory 2.5bar and has the ability to cap out at 3.5 bar then you dont need to scale.
    Thats impossible, all sensors have a linear scale. The only way this would work is if the higher pressure sensor would output a signal above 5v and the ecm would understand that, but there aren't any and the ecm only reads upto 5volts.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the attention guys!!!

- +1 for anything fuel pressure related

- any cam position modifiers and correction of the direction of cam angle in the scanner (+/-)

- +1 for MAP scaling if possible (sounds custom to me)

- more boost control tables would be sweet

- lean cruise tables? I know this is a stretch, but I want 400whp and 40mpg
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

F the LNF, we're still working on the LSJ. I'd rather they finish that car than find more for the LNF. I even felt that way when I still owned an LNF. Now that we have a bigger blower and turbo kits and the ability to drop in 1000cc saturated injectors, we need more tables or the capability to modify the ones we have.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I think your injector constant is hardcoded on the LSJ.

LNF= 3 chassis
    LSJ= 1 chassis for limited production

From that perspective it's a easy decision.
    Me love boost long time.

Anything with the throttle plate or the response of it would be nice too

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    LNF= 3 chassis
    LSJ= 1 chassis for limited production
    Fail L61 FTW I would like to see stuff fixed for the L61
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

VCM control while using the scanner!

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Anything with the throttle plate or the response of it would be nice too
    Yes please.

lsj are just butthurting cuz lnf came out and tore em a new hole hahaha people have blown up trying to keep up with tune only lnf's haha i know one but hes pretty ashamed and doesnt want his named mentioned haha keeping the pride thats left and moving on.

i think cwe need cam limp home code controll so if we decide to go full race which someone might want to do then we have the option to run whatever cam we wish and the posibility of hard cams with no adjusters.
    give me fuel pressure and injector control and launch control for everyone else.