Thread: Saturn Sky Redline HELP

Potential Tuner

Saturn Sky Redline HELP

Hey all you other great GM guys... I need help, I bought a 07 Sky Redline, only has 2300 miles on it... it's an automatic, I've put a 3in Magnaflow cat back and droped a K&N filter in it... I've seen everything from locals, to wastegate mod's to GMR tune's and just not really sure where or what to do to my car to make it faster! Guy at work as a UGLY little Lotus Elise and he's been telling everyone in the office how he's going to suck the doors off my car! well i've been lucky so far, I don't drive it if it's raining... Now I need all the help i can get from all u great GM 2.0 turbo guys to tell me what's the most cheapest way to get more power!

Thx MB

Advanced Tuner
    Stock for stock i think youll stick pretty much with him until the corners then no matter what you do youll lose. An elise is almost twice as much as your sky, nice purchase. I would suggest buying hp tuners and tuning yourself or getting it tuned by someone else. That and a 3" downpipe to match your catback. That should make around 300hp which will definatly win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Stock for stock i think youll stick pretty much with him until the corners then no matter what you do youll lose. An elise is almost twice as much as your sky, nice purchase. I would suggest buying hp tuners and tuning yourself or getting it tuned by someone else. That and a 3" downpipe to match your catback. That should make around 300hp which will definatly win.
    And a solstice Z0K suspension system, then you'll beat the guy in the corners too :P

Advanced Tuner
    Beat an elise in the corners with just a stock performance suspension? I highly doubt it, I bet it would handle great, but the main reason those things are so expensive is because of how well they handle.

Tuner in Training
    Beat an elise in the corners with just a stock performance suspension? I highly doubt it, I bet it would handle great, but the main reason those things are so expensive is because of how well they handle.
    Have you driven a kappa car with real tires??? The ZOK is the upgrade/race setup.

Buy HPT. Change 4 columns in two tables, one row in torque management. Another 100ft.lbs. to the wheels with a catless downpipe (70 ft.lbs. with the stock downpipe) and about 40whp gain. That should be enough to wipe the smirk off his face in your Saturn :-) Also buy an RPI GT exhaust so he can hear the sound of defeat.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

They don't handle well just because of the suspension, it's also because they hardly weigh more than a die cast matchbox car.

Quote Originally Posted by b_faster View Post
    Have you driven a kappa car with real tires??? The ZOK is the upgrade/race setup.
    Agreed 100%. I've outpaced Z06s in the twisties in my Sky RL with some scaled coilovers and 245/275 Bridgestone RE050s.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Advanced Tuner
    Stock SS Turbo Cobalt with tires equal to those on the Elise will spank it in the corners. I would think the Kappa could too with minimal work.

Tuner in Training
    Throw a 50 shot of NOS on it and be done
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Potential Tuner
    Hello - I am looking for a tune for a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline (2.0 turbo) with automatic transmission. I have installed the 3bar map sensors - can anyone help?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Watch the tuning videos lnf is simple if all factory.