Thread: Best book for EFI theory?

Tuner in Training

Best book for EFI theory?

Anyone have a good recommendation on which book for ECM/PCM theory?
    I am wanting the actual nuts and bolts of ecm function, fueling, spark, adders, multipliers, and sequence of items listed above.

I think it's very difficult to tune something, when I don't fully understand the exacting timing and function of the device.
    2003 Chevy 1500 SWB engine is a 6.0l LQ9 transplant from a 2004 from a Cadillac Escalade.

Mods:

LT Headers, CAI, E-Fans, ORY and dual exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by jtaliaferro View Post
    Anyone have a good recommendation on which book for ECM/PCM theory?
    I am wanting the actual nuts and bolts of ecm function, fueling, spark, adders, multipliers, and sequence of items listed above.

I think it's very difficult to tune something, when I don't fully understand the exacting timing and function of the device.
    Greg Banish's Engine Management Advanced Tuning provided me with the best overall knowledge on the sensors, their purpose, how the PCM utilizes them, base tuning strategies, fine tuning and go for power. Includes FI sections as well for all the Boost fans out there. At $16.95 from Amazon, its a great deal. In addition, he takes 3 examples of modding Ford and GM vehicles and explains the top level process of retuning. Includes bolt-on, head/Cam and FI examples. I have worn the book out by re-reading each time I learn a bit more detail and understand more.

I have his 2nd book pre-ordered and per USPS, will be receiving my DVD package tomorrow

JMHO

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I just get Greg's book the other day. I'm just starting to read it.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 99LS1SS View Post
    I just get Greg's book the other day. I'm just starting to read it.
    I have also purchased Greg's book, looking for something more in depth though.

I purchased his DVD from summit, should be delivered this morning.
    2003 Chevy 1500 SWB engine is a 6.0l LQ9 transplant from a 2004 from a Cadillac Escalade.

Mods:

LT Headers, CAI, E-Fans, ORY and dual exhaust.