Thread: Tune problem

Tune problem

I have been reading through tons of ports and topics in the GENIII section and have been working on my STFT's and getting them within +-5. burned up a tank of gas, 5 hours, and 200 miles trying to get them there. all looks good with them and i decide to enable the LTFT's and drive a bit but t4hey instantly jump up to +10 and lower and I am confused on what to do. I havent worked on my MAF tuning yet because I dont know where to start with all of the different ways of doing it but I am trying! My question is I have looked at a lot of different tunes on here and my VE table seems really fat but it is stall adding fuel? I have had the software for a week and have learned alot but still lost any help or criticism is appreciated. I have also noticed that bank 1(or 2) is always twice as much as the other bank, O2 sensors are cycling good so what does that mean?

While tuning VE table(s) are you sure you are copying and pasting correctly. Copy and paste special to the Primary VE table and then copy the appropriate rows (20,30,40 etc) over to the secondary table. The car uses the secondary table while in speed density mode. The currently do not match.

Your PE table should no look like it does, I would flat line it for now. Set all of the cells to 1.13.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Thanks bird, I am trying to clean up the tune that was in my car. I NEED a wideband and trying to get it done with out one for now. I set the PE like you said and goin to see what happens