Thread: Why do my PE changes not change commanded A/F

Tuner in Training

Why do my PE changes not change commanded A/F

I have been doing a ton of reading and I just keep getting more confused.

I am trying to get my PE to reach a consistent 12.8 A/F at WOT. I seem to have to make huge changes in the PE table to get it to lean out. I am raping the PE table so that I can run at the track tonight. It's apparent that something needs to be tuned but I can't figure out the issue. I've read about open loop and some have mentioned a value of 10 being in the OP EQ Ratio table. I have 10 in this table now as well as stock.

I have FAST 46lb injectors. Does it appear that my injectors are scaled correctly? I have my LTFT turned off so that I could see what the gauge is displaying for STFT. Some spots it pulls as much as +14 and some spots it goes -15ish. So it seems I need to work on my fuel trims.

I have a wideband hooked into my gauges. However, I don't have the pro version of HPT...I can however log my A/F via my gauges. Right now I'm seeing 12.4.12.7ish until about 5600 where i can't seem to get it leaner than 12.1ish. I have had to change the ratio to as low as .958 in the PE table. I'm scared something is going to go haywire and blow up. My commanded A/F doesn't seem to change beyond 14.7.

Please help me figure out the steps to correct this.
    IE....

1) Check scaling of fuel injectors....correct?
    2) Tune MAF....how?
    3) Set PE to 12.89 commanded...?
    4) Tune VE...if needed, how?

Thanks.
    2006 GTO A4
    LS3 427

If you haven't tuned the MAF or VE whatsoever, then that's your problem. Trying to just manipulate the PE table is the worst way to tune a car. You're trying to command an AFR of 15.3 when you enter .958 in the PE table... but it's not allowing leaner than 14.7 probably because your EQ Ratio Min sets a lean limit of stoich AFR.

You should be getting the airflow model correct as a priority.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    On top of what DSteck said, since you have the FAST injectors, you don't have any calibration data on them whatsoever, so your PE and/or VE tables are going to end up getting raped anyway.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Holy shit. How is this car still running. Your commande pe table is set for (1.007) 14.59 afr and (.958) 15.344. How are you not seeing 8 degrees of knock (maximum) at wot. To command 12.89 afr your pe table needs to be set to 1.14.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    On top of what DSteck said, since you have the FAST injectors, you don't have any calibration data on them whatsoever, so your PE and/or VE tables are going to end up getting raped anyway.
    0-60n3,Unfourtunatley im in the same boat. All we can do is get the ifr table right and go from there. Which if you have fast 46# injectors your table is way off. Your table looks like its set for 39 lb injectors. I highly recommend you upgrade your cable to the pro and buy Greg banishes dvd.

Last edited by ct06gto; 08-29-2009 at 04:17 PM.