Thread: E85 questions

E85 questions

A couple of E85 related questions. One is on my 2002 Tahoe. There is an AFR spark correction table for when it is in alcahol mode just like the newer models. The problem is I can't get to the one on my 2002 Tahoe. The newer vehicles show it in the editor whether they are flex fuel or not. My Tahoe has this table, it just isn't in editor. (I have logs for proof of this) Anyway I can get to this somehow? My next question is with the ability to turn the flex fuel system/sensor on and off. On the newer models there is a selection for turning the flex fuel system on and off. On the older models there isn't one that I can see of and I was wondering if it might be an option. I worked on a vehicle that had a 5.3L flex fuel in it and had been converted to a 7.0L with a 4L80E. In order to go to the 4L80E I had to use a file that isn't a flex fuel. The vehicle still has the flex fuel sensor wired in and there is the place in the editor to still command the AFR for ethanol content. I'd just like to be able to turn it back on if possible. Just some questions on my mind. Appreciate all the help guys.

TTT, anything on this at all? Sorry, not to be pushy, just curious.