Thread: data logging with hp tuners

Tuner in Training

data logging with hp tuners

What do I do to data log with hp tuners? I know there is a way to just have the black box hooked up at the track and just plug in the laptop in the pits but when I hit record it doesn't seem to work. Is there something I have to configure in my laptop?
    THanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill

Potential Tuner
    trying to data log can anyone help? first time. thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    open vcm scanner, click start scanning, pretty simple really.

Potential Tuner
    runninlate if you are still unsure,
    -you just plug the mpvi into your laptop and car
    -open the scanner program
    -turn key to run
    -click the lightning bolt all the way in the left side to connect to the car
    -then hit the spacebar to start recording

when youre done,
    -hit the spacebar to stop recording
    -click the floppy disk icon in the middle of the screen the says "save data as" (not save config file)
    -disconnect and turn off

Tuner in Training
    but can't you just record without the laptop? i hit record but now when i connect the MPVI to my computer, I can't find the recorded files.

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread but I seem to be having a similar issue. I have configured the scanner and it said it completed, but I notice the vin area is blank and when I attempt to record using the scanner only (laptop disconeccted) the red error light flashes and not logs are recorded. I have reconfigured it several times and the result is always the same. Any ideas?
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple

Did you click the Connect button before setting up your table.
    You need this info, definitely before you write the Standalon Config.
    Try watch the video again (just the start) : http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/s...onelogging.swf

Tuner in Training
    I am assuming I canuse the primary table from a custom config that I have already set up right? I don't have to recreate the same config from scratch after clicking the connect icon because that would be silly. In the attached picture I have already "connected" and only have the table active but it is from aa previously saved config. As you can see my vin is blank and the video example has a vin loaded. Is that my problem? I don't have any difficulty datalogging with the laptop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I still am unable to use the scanner for stand alone datalogging. Has anyone else overcome this problem? Do I need to contact hp tuners?

Tuner in Training Pappacosworth's Avatar
    Can I use datalogging for vehicle without using credit. I assume it doesn't need tuning, but I'm not sure before I see the data. I don't have other devices that can read parameters from this car (2014 F250)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    nothing done via the scanner costs any credits.

Potential Tuner
    I have hp tuner MDVI Pro for GM.

Can this be used to data log a McLaren?

Potential Tuner
    I know this thread is old but I am having a new issue that I cannot find an answer for. I have a 1998 Pontiac gp gtp 3.8. I was using version 3.6. My stand alone data logging worked perfectly. I upgraded to version 4.0. Now when I go back to review the logs. I am missing most of my data. ( long terms, short terms, knock, rpm, etc. ) I still get my PLX wideband, my map sensor, and some other minor ones. I have tried to uninstall and re install version 4. I have gone back and re flashed my mpvi pro the exact same way the video shows. I have tried using a default layout and then reading it. nothing is working. If I have my laptop hooked up to the scanner everything works 100% fine. I have no issue going back to 3.6 however I cant find it anywhere. Someone please help I am at a loss.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmfjon View Post
    I know this thread is old but I am having a new issue that I cannot find an answer for. I have a 1998 Pontiac gp gtp 3.8. I was using version 3.6. My stand alone data logging worked perfectly. I upgraded to version 4.0. Now when I go back to review the logs. I am missing most of my data. ( long terms, short terms, knock, rpm, etc. ) I still get my PLX wideband, my map sensor, and some other minor ones. I have tried to uninstall and re install version 4. I have gone back and re flashed my mpvi pro the exact same way the video shows. I have tried using a default layout and then reading it. nothing is working. If I have my laptop hooked up to the scanner everything works 100% fine. I have no issue going back to 3.6 however I cant find it anywhere. Someone please help I am at a loss.
    update to the newest beta & try again.