Thread: Strange problems with 08 vette a6 swap

Senior Tuner

Strange problems with 08 vette a6 swap

Hey we got a 08 zo6 with a a6 swap. The car had been running fine. We made a couple pulls and then after that we can't get it to pull at all. Tps sae is reading 88% like normal but the actual pedal position etc 1 will only go to 39%. Weve tried flashing it back to the way the car came to us (from anthor shop) and we have also disconnected the battery for A good minute. No change still. No codes present either.

The story has a bad twist. After we started having these problems we learned that the car was a limon by back over electrical issues. Hopefully we can figure this out !!0
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    What PCM are you using? Also, what vehicle calibration isnon that PCM? Make sure the pedal assembly and TB is for that calibration.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    12617631 PCM os
    24243170 tcm os and it's in a 08 zo6

I'm typing this on my phone sorry fo being short
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Okay, that doesn't help me, since I don't have my OS ID list in front of me. I need to know what vehicle that came out of. Thanks!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    12617631 PCM os
    24243170 tcm os and it's in a 08 zo6

I'm typing this on my phone sorry fo being short
    Correct OS numbers for LS3 A6.

Do you mean it has been converted to A6 from M6? (........"swap".....)

Z06, so LS7 engine?

LS7 E38 and LS3 E38 have different pedal segments though I doubt the pedal is different. Worth checking the PN.

Senior Tuner
    Figured it out guys,

I was logging ETC 1. Which only shows 39% at wot normally, that was throwing me off as it acted exactly like a car that hit its max torque setting in the tune and was capping the power off with a reduction of throttle.

It was a damn intercooler pipe blown off. F after all that!

We fixed that and finished dialing in the tune. This is one sick animal and I got the shifts as smooth and as quick as a stock car but nice and solid as you really lay into it. it made right at 700rwhp unlocked.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

You mind sharing your a6 tune? I have an 08 A6 and just not able to get some points correct. I'd at least like to take a look and see whats going on with mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Figured it out guys,

I was logging ETC 1. Which only shows 39% at wot normally, that was throwing me off as it acted exactly like a car that hit its max torque setting in the tune and was capping the power off with a reduction of throttle.

It was a damn intercooler pipe blown off. F after all that!

We fixed that and finished dialing in the tune. This is one sick animal and I got the shifts as smooth and as quick as a stock car but nice and solid as you really lay into it. it made right at 700rwhp unlocked.