Thread: Vortec 350 truck k2500 cam retard PID?

Vortec 350 truck k2500 cam retard PID?

Anybody know any way to scan this? I just put in a new distributer and im getting a p1345 corralation code.. I dont need a case learn I need to scan cam retard to make sure the distributer doesnt need to be moved..

thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Did you figure this out? I need to check the same thing.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    ttttt

Advanced Tuner
    I ended up paying someone with a Tech 2 to scan and tell me the number so that I could set it. To drive it too the shop, I turned the distributor till the light went off. Tech 2 said I was at +5 when I got there and it ran great. Then I set it to -1 (as close as I could get to 0) and it runs even better. Much more pep than before.

Before all that I bought a Equus 3160 hand held scanner and it didn't have cam retard either, so back to the store it went.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1

Advanced Tuner
    So hptuners won't read cam retard?
    No way to set up a user defined PID?
    Last edited by PitchblackC3; 09-18-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Well I have AutoEnginuity with the Enhanced GM data as well and I was able to use it.
    Would still be interested in a HP Tuners solution though.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PitchblackC3 View Post
    Well I have AutoEnginuity with the Enhanced GM data as well and I was able to use it.
    Would still be interested in a HP Tuners solution though.
    Not to get too far off topic, but how do you like AutoEnginuity? I was thinking about purchasing it so I can scan vehicles not supported by HPT, but ~$450 for the package with Enhanced GM data was a lot just to set cam retard on my truck and scan my wife's Honda if it ever has issues.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1

Advanced Tuner
    I like the program. I bought it long before I had hptuners, so yeah I agree, that's a lot of money for just the cam retard. I use the BCM/SIR/ etc reading functions quite a bit though.
    For diagnostics I still use it quite a bit since I am more familiar with it that the hptuners scanner. I am getting more experience with the Hptuners, so maybe I will depend on it less soon. It is nice to have 2 options for scanning in case I can't figure something out with one.