Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok someone pm me some 60 pound siemens data can't afford the greg B. disc right now.

Jeezus.
    You guys are acting like that excel spreadsheet is digital gold or something. It's just a spreadsheet with some numbers on it.

If you want to get the same information, without spending the $250, go get your injectors flowed and spec'd at a reputable shop. You can either be spoon fed the information, or you can take action and get it yourself.
    Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    Jeezus.
    You guys are acting like that excel spreadsheet is digital gold or something. It's just a spreadsheet with some numbers on it.

If you want to get the same information, without spending the $250, go get your injectors flowed and spec'd at a reputable shop. You can either be spoon fed the information, or you can take action and get it yourself.
    Yeah sure you could but it isn't even really about that, my post was directed towards all the people bitching about paying for something that somebody put alot of work into and expecting it for free damn near.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Yeah sure you could but it isn't even really about that, my post was directed towards all the people bitching about paying for something that somebody put alot of work into and expecting it for free damn near.
    My post wasn't directed to any single person. It was more directed to everyone in this thread.... DVD owners and non-owners alike.
    Tyler

Jeezus.

Orly?

While I agree in premise with not needing the data to get things done, I'd really like to know how you are going to get offset values by voltage and vacuum as well as the data for the units in the area of their operation which is non linear from having them flowed....

You won't.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Orly?

While I agree in premise with not needing the data to get things done, I'd really like to know how you are going to get offset values by voltage and vacuum as well as the data for the units in the area of their operation which is non linear from having them flowed....

You won't.
    You missed the second part.... and spec'd.
    If your shop has the right equipment, they can get the right information.
    Tyler

Senior Tuner
    Tyler, I've never seen any shop with the equipment necessary to get that data. Flow rates at different pressures across the injector and varying voltage in the wires are one thing...but there's a LOT of other data.

I have in the past done a lot with attempting to dial in SVO 30's (the old red tops) on older computers (LT1) where I had less control...and I actually did manage to figure out a lot of the low pulsewidth adder as well as voltage stuff...to the point that it was pretty close...but it wasn't perfect, and it was HOURS upon DAYS upon WEEKS of screwing with it.

I do not want to buy the DVD because I'll probably lose it or damage it...hell, I already don't know where my HPTuners CD is...I have the cable, and I'm very happy that I can download HPTuners from the website whenever I do re-format the hard drive in the laptop or have some other issue...so me personally...I'd rather pay the same amount for a means of downloading it similar to HPTuners...but I know that he's only 1 guy and he probably doesn't have the means to set something like that up...so I'm really not sure what to do. The other thing is I'm wondering whats going to happen as more inj diectors come out and he's able to figure out the correct calibration data for them as well...I can control what injectors I can buy for my own cars...but I can't control what people coming to me saying "can you tune my car for me" already have on there...if I'm helping them build it...obviously I'd strongly suggest injectors that I can obtain proper calibration data for...so I'm hopeful that Greg is continuing to find data for other injectors...though it might not be possible as they aren't shipped with the data ford ships them with

...so I'm sorta at a loss you know?
    Last edited by MikeOD; 08-20-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Can anyone tell me if the CD has info for the Mototron/Siemans Deka 60lb injectors?

I pm'd Greg the other day and specifically asked if he had any moral or ethical problems with a friend and I going in together to purchase the disc. He had no problem with it but asked that the information not be posted or shared.

True, you can pay some like Paul Yaw at YawPower to do a complete dynamic workup on your one particular set of injectors for a reasonable price. Paul is one of my recent students and really understands the non-linear flow range of injectors better than most injector suppliers.

One of the major points of the DVD set is understanding how to implement this data and what to do with the rest of the calibration once you've got the right injector data. To me, the process is just as important as (if not more so than) the raw data.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    ... IT IS HIS DATA and he can distribute it how he likes. If the price is too much DON'T BUY IT
    True, and I believe it is worth more than 19.95. I would have been in at 99.95, however, no way at 249.95. I have to believe that many others are in the same situation and that the gross sales would have been higher for more units at a lesser price...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Tyler, I've never seen any shop with the equipment necessary to get that data. Flow rates at different pressures across the injector and varying voltage in the wires are one thing...but there's a LOT of other data.
    Call around and find a shop that had a dynamic flow bench, with variable fuel pressure, 'manifold' pressure, and input voltage.
    Maybe I was spoiled, but both of the shops I worked in when doing alt. energy research had dynamic flow benches with these capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    True, you can pay some like Paul Yaw at YawPower to do a complete dynamic workup on your one particular set of injectors for a reasonable price. Paul is one of my recent students and really understands the non-linear flow range of injectors better than most injector suppliers.

One of the major points of the DVD set is understanding how to implement this data and what to do with the rest of the calibration once you've got the right injector data. To me, the process is just as important as (if not more so than) the raw data.
    Go information... and good to hear you clear up any confusion as to how to obtain the required data.
    I like your second point. That's very true, that you can be given data all day long... but without learning how to use it, it's just a bunch of numbers. Implementation is indeed key!
    Tyler

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by keith42 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the CD has info for the Mototron/Siemans Deka 60lb injectors?

I pm'd Greg the other day and specifically asked if he had any moral or ethical problems with a friend and I going in together to purchase the disc. He had no problem with it but asked that the information not be posted or shared.
    Yes, they are covered. Can you please go to post #17 of this thread and read my post:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=17

That explains to you exactly what injectors are covered.

Also, not that it really matters, but the injectors are made by Siemens, there is no more "Deka" in the name of that company, and the Siemens fuel division was bought out by Continental. Many companies buy these injectors from Siemens, and then label them as their own. Mototron used to do this on the Siemens 60s, as did Accel, and several others.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Yes, they are covered. Can you please go to post #17 of this thread and read my post:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=17

That explains to you exactly what injectors are covered.

Also, not that it really matters, but the injectors are made by Siemens, there is no more "Deka" in the name of that company, and the Siemens fuel division was bought out by Continental. Many companies buy these injectors from Siemens, and then label them as their own. Mototron used to do this on the Siemens 60s, as did Accel, and several others.
    Little corrections, James...

Continental did buy the Siemens injector division, over two years ago. They no longer use the Siemens name. However, they still use the Deka nomenclature. I live near their VA plant, know one of their calibration engineers and do some work with them.

My current injectors are prototype Deka VII (that's seven). Lighter pintle mass and stronger coils. Great for dialing in low PWs!

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

If I use my own means to convert the publicly available Ford injector calibration data into GM terms, having NEVER watched a single DVD on automobile engine tuning, no one can prevent me from sharing the information. You cannot put a copyright on math, nor the laws of physics.
    2001 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by KFZ)^ View Post
    If I use my own means to convert the publicly available Ford injector calibration data into GM terms, having NEVER watched a single DVD on automobile engine tuning, no one can prevent me from sharing the information. You cannot put a copyright on math, nor the laws of physics.
    Go for it as ill be waiting patiently for the info....
    The info will eventually all make its way to the net anyway and the repository here will have someones tune posted with all the correct info as well sooner or later. Its only a matter of time.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post

If you look at this forum, post #12, 9secZ says he can get you all the info you need on injectors.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...light=mototron

This guy is the developer of the VersaFueler, I think.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 09-10-2009 at 06:47 AM.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Chuck Norris can! lol.

I agree with RTWD on this one.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Advanced Tuner
    Ow man Chuck Norris is the law and you are so busted just mentioning his name. He will shut this forum down in a heartbeat...

I bet he just rolled over in bed just hearing his name typed on here.

Im gonna get a message to Chuck asking him for the injector table info...HE WILL KNOW IT!

When Chuck Norris jumps in the water he doesnt get wet....the water gets Chuck!
    Last edited by Z06SUPERCHARGED; 09-10-2009 at 07:21 AM.
    16 psi on E85

Chuck Norris originally appeared in the Street Fighter II video game, but was removed by testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this glitch, Norris replied, "That's no glitch."
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC

Senior Tuner
    ...no one can prevent me from sharing the information. You cannot put a copyright on math, nor the laws of physics.
    Chuck Norris governs ALL laws of physics, and his personal cat proves it!

Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    You know its good to get some humor in a thread once in a while...and factual humor at that!
    16 psi on E85